Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

do i have any options other then eaglesoft for biz jets?

>Dillon, Ron, do you really have to purchase one or the other?> You don't get both the FS9 and FSX version?>>JeffFrom an earlier post, Read answer B carefully to undertand the changes to the sim development space/time continuam...:-)A) No, Eaglesoft has pledged to continue development for FS9 for the next 18-24 months then re evalute the landscape at that time. In the mean time, we will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Versions of our aircraft.:( Yes and No. Read the following carefully. There is no way for us to build a "Dual Sim" Version of a specific aircraft.The "rules" and the "tools" preclude building one aircraft for "Dual Sim" purposes. This applies not only to Eaglesoft but our fellow developers as well.This is why you will see either an FS9 Version or an FSX Version available from folks like us. Customers will need to make a purchase decison based on their own sim version preferences.Finally, some developers will be able to provide a free FSX Version while others will be forced to provide FSX Versions at some costs based upon the amount of work required to build for FSX. Hope this helps :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Dnsmo

Ron Hamilton wrote:"... Eaglesoft has pledged to continue development for FS9 for the next 18-24 months then re evalute the landscape at that time. In the mean, we will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Versions of our aircraft."Dillon wrote: "Dennis Eaglesoft has said many times they will keep up development for FS9 for another year. That should give FSX enough time to get patch up and from there the final verdict can be out."Ron and Dillon:I'm sorry, I probably asked this the wrong may. I'm certainly aware of the upcoming FS9 projects due for release by Eaglesoft, which I'm looking forward to. What I should have asked was will updates of existing products be focused on FSX. Seems that the jury is still out on that?Also, I wasn't referring to a "dual sim" model of any aircraft -- I assumed this would not be possible. Rather, I meant discrete FS9 and FSX versions of the same plane, which Ron answered:"...you will see either an FS9 Version or an FSX Version available from folks like us."Perfectly understandable as two versions of the same aircraft I assume would be cost prohibitive.Thanks for the info.Dennis

Interesting possiblities such as packaging an FS9 and FSX aircraft together in one download with seperate installers have been discussed but the costs/size of the download is prohibitive.Other possibilities may exist but we opted for specific FS9 or FSX Packages which leaves consumers a purchase choice based on their own preferences. In other words, why penalize a customer who runs FSX only with the added burden of having to purchase an FS9 Version included in a FS9/FSX Package price:-)>"What I should have asked was will updates of existing products be focused on FSX."Dennis, we currently have four of our FS9 aircraft available as FSX Versions with three more getting closer. We will continue this process until we have all current FS9 aircraft available in FSX Versions as well.The afforementioned plan of building specific FS9 and FSX Versions will continue with all new products for at least 18-24 months then we will re evaluate the development landscape.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It should probably be noted that many of the existing FS9 releases are also receiving "face lifts" and/or new, improved gauge systems concurrent with the FSX development. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator