Sign in to follow this  
Guest RJTECH

FS9 Crashes (out of memory) then no sound

Guest RJTECH

I posted this prob. on the PMDG site but got no replies, so am hoping for help here.I had a new system built and full o anticipation reinstalled FS9 & all my add-ons in this order: FS9, U/D 9.1, PMDG 737NG, PMDG 737 800/900, SERVICE PACK#1, ULTIMATE TRAFFIC, GE PRO. everything worked fine untill i downloaded from PMDG & installed my liveries for the 737s.I started up FS9 and picked a 737 & hit FLY NOW. This is when the problems started - FS9 crashed. The only way i could get FS9 started again was to uninstall my PMDG aircraft but when i started a flight i had no ATC or PILOT sound & and no atc text after initialy hitting key#1 to contact ground control.Before i completley uninstall & reinstall & probly get the same problem over again, Is there anybody out there that help me out here(PLEEEEES).Dick.

Hi Dick,Your problem was probably caused by the livery install. I would do a complete reinstall if FS9, it sounds like quite a mess. I'm assuming that you tried to install new liveries for the 737-600/700. If that is the case, follow your previous installation order but make sure that you have all the liveries you want for the PMDG 737-600/700 added before you install the PMDG 737-800/900. There is warning when you install the 737-800/900 to NOT install the older liveries for the 737-600/700 AFTER you install the 737-800/900, so make sure you have all the ones you want BEFORE putting on the 737-800/900. Also, is that SERVICE PACK #1 you refer to for Windows XP? That along with SERVICE PACK #2 should be installed before any FS9 install. Once these are installed, there is no need for a reinstall. You will have to uninstall the update 9.1 for FS9, located in Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs, before uninstalling FS9, Then reinstall FS9 and U/P 9.1 before other installs. Good luck! Kim

Guest RJTECH

Many thanks Kim. I missed the one about the PMDG 600/700 liveries. I will give all of this a try tonight Thanks again, Dick.