Sign in to follow this  
RobertRent

CH Products yoke - Sticky buttons

There are two red buttons on the top left of the CH Products USB yoke (the ones that select the 2D/virtual/tower/spot view).These buttons often stick in the down position, and I have been unable to free them up. I have cleaned the buttons with alcohol, sprayed them with silicone, and blown them out with compressed air but they continue to stick. My inclination now is to remove the plastic cover that holds the buttons in place so that I can clean underneath but I don't know whether or not the cover can be safely removed and replaced.Any button-unsticking advice is appreciated, especially on the subject of removing and replacing the plastic cover that holds the buttons in place.Thanks,Robert

I had the same problem, yes the best way to slove the problem is to take the cover off by unscrewing all the small screws. to solve your problem ream out the holes slightly, this is caused by creep on the moulding. onebob

Your solution worked perfectly, and I thank you very much.Until you mentioned it, I did not know that there are screws on the back-side of the yoke. Per your suggestion - I remove them, lifted off the yoke's face plate, removed the button cover, slightly reamed out the button holes, reassembled, and found the buttons to be working as well as they did when the yoke was new.For anyone else trying this let me make the following suggestions: use short proper-sized philips screwdrivers so as to not strip the screws or break the yoke, remember where the screws come from because they are different sizes, be careful to not stress or break the tiny wires, only ream the holes very slightly, test the buttons and rocker before complete reassembly, during reassembly route the wires as they were originally to keep them from getting pinched.Thanks again, BobRobert

HiI don't suppose you have the answer to the main shaft sticking? since I bought the usb 3 lever version I have had nothing but problems.In anticipation

sticking shaft!not had that problem but you could have a look in the main box of tricks, unscrew all the small screws after removing the table clamps whilst keeping together ..turn over and rest on table with some support under the yoke, next gentley lift off to expose the inner sanctum. don't worry if you here something being dislodged its just the nuts for the table clamps.check out the workings , just move the yoke in and out to see if the springs are ok and that the mechanism to the front adjusting wheel is ok. another thing to check and ensure is correct is that the slider is in place under the main shaft.( in picks up a slot on the underside of the shaft)I would also check that the cable to the handle swithes are ok as mine had been fastened to tight (by the cord grip near the spring)and the gable was almost flat.now before re assembley flop the nuts back in place.. they fit into a small resesses at the top... do a last check to see if swithes are in place ok before finally replacing screws. onebobps if you don't find anything. you may have to ease off the mould around the main shaft but this should become apparant as you start to unscrew the shaft may start to move.

You can use any non petroleum based lubricant to get the yoke working well.Just don't use oil based or problems can arise.Al

I too have the sticky shaft problem.It sticks in the forward-to-back direction but not in the left-to-right direction. The stickiness comes in two forms: first, the yoke jerks as it is moved in an out, and second, the yoke does not return to neutral after being pushed or pulled (it misses neutral by about an inch in either direction).The Support folks at CH Products tell me that the yoke is not designed to snap to center, but I feel that my problem is more sever than they intended.I searched the support forum at CH Products but found nothing on the subject. Possibly because users are only allowed to search two-weeks in the past.Robert