Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

How is VC of the CS 707?

Now that I live almost entirely in a 3D world with Triplehead, I am wondering about getting the CS 707 for its VC capabilities. How is the VC of this a/c?Appreciate any comments, thanks!JS

Get the CS 707...Its awesome.. IF I rememer right..they are releasing/porting it to FSX for free. I think I am right,They had this one for sale for $9 during Christmas.VC is OK..functional.But the aircraft on the whole...Its awesome.. Fantasitc. IMO.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just clicked on "ORDER" at Flight1 software. Can't wait!Thanks, Manny. JS

>>Just clicked on "ORDER" at Flight1 software. >>Can't wait!>>Thanks, Manny. >>JSJS.Captain sim has their 707 for $15http://www.captainsim.com/store/Don't know..why Flight 1 has it for $37Its silly... They need to do something about this.Manny

Manny

Manny:Appreciate your price alert. I only use CD-ROM these days and Flight1 has it for $19.95 so I did that.There sure are some weird pricing inconsistencies on some products these days...JS

Wow, stunning scenery for The Queen of the Skies! What is it?JS

Thats Flight scenery's KPVD Providence and the freeware Bluesky/Tim's real Environemnt pro.Manny

Manny

OK, thanks. Beautiful. Are you sticking with FS9 for the foreseeable future? I am. I think FS9 is "it" for me and my set-up. JS

Well..not really JS.I use them both. It depends on the location I want to fly. For now, I have lots more scenery addons for FS9... so For those geography where I have these great addons I would be insane to fly FSX.However, Megascenery with their Hawaii FSX phototextures has shown a glimpse of how good FSX can me without performance hit with Photosceneries. so for those areas where I am using Megascenery, I fly FSX.There are no good airport sceneries for FSX as yet. Airport scenery with default runway textures don't count.When Fly Tampa and Aerosoft and Flight scenery publishes their stuff for FSX, It would be FSX for me. Airport sceneries are the biggest gap right now. Its a big void.Manny

Manny

Yeah, I understand. FSX is stunning, I would not deny that. I am struck however by the huge no. of folks who have suffered performance disappointment with it, and yet it seems inevitable. I am just totally burned out with add-ons and tweaks and the idea of going through yet another FS generation to do that stuff. I could perhaps see installing FSX Deluxe and just doing IFR with it and no add-ons at all. Of course, we all know how the ensuing add-on "vortex" works in the sim, don't we ?! (Arrghhh, save me, not AGAIN....!!!!)JS

>>Wow, stunning scenery for The Queen of the Skies! What is it?<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

The 707 was ALWAYS "Queen of the Skies". She gave birth to the 747 who in turn became the Queen of the Skies; so I guess in a way, the 707 became The Queen Mother of the Skies! I get a lump in my throat just thinking about the Dash-80, the mother of The Queen Mother of the Skies. Do you realize how incredible the Dash 80 was when she was rolled out in 1954 --nineteen FIFTY-FOUR ! JS