Sign in to follow this  
someone

Ti4200(8x) or Ti4600(4x)?

Hi,What should I get? Ti4200(AGP 8x) for $142 or Ti4600(Agp 4x) for $204?Will AGP 8x increase performance enough to make the 4200 get close to 4600? Both have 128 DDR and the 4200 comes with memory running at 500Mhz. Thanks for the help.Best,Marcelo.

Hello Marcelo.In a word, no.The 8X AGP really isn't used with games right now and those that do (all other things being equal) the AGP 8X will actually only provide about a 5% increase in game performance.....since the TI4600 is already quite a bit faster then the TI 4200 in the first place a TI4200 8X will not be that close to a TI 4600.If you read around on the web at www.tomshardware.com and www.sharkyextreme.com you will see that the AGP 8X doesn't mean much.Hope this helps!:)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Rob

The 8x AGP only comes into play if you have an 8x supported motherboard.

Thank you, guys.Rob,I see you have an Asus A7V8X. How do you like it? I am getting one this week. I've just saw an Asus V8460Ultra Ti4600 OEM for $209. I thinking on getting that one. Is it very good?Best,Marcelo.

Why not get a Ti 4600 with AGP 8x? I thought they had pretty much phased out all of the 4x cards. Most places I've looked only have the 8x 4x00s and they are the same price as the older 4x cards.