Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Question about Boston V2.1

Hello everyone. Goerge G. has released Boston V2.1 The readme states to manually remove the scenery from FS9 before installing the new version. Just to check, should I delete it from the scenery menu, then remove any folders on my system, or is there something else that needs to be done so I don't mess up my FS9 install? Thanks for your input.

No, the read me states that you should manually move the files from the update scenery and texture folders into your excisting folders and overwrite what's already there.

Rune B.

Guest neslesman

That's what it says all right. V2 required ful removal of the previous install but not this one.

actually Rune and Nes, it states quite clearly in the read-me / install instructions for V2 > "IMPORTANT: If you are using an earlier version of my scenery, you MUST manually remove it from the Flight Simulator database before installing V2."so, we have to manually Remove Completely the first version, and then install this new 30MB version.This version is the complete version, and has all the necessary files.it mentions nothing whatsoever about overwriting, or manualy copying any files from one to the other, at least, my read-me never stated any of this.both of you are giving miss-leading information out in here, and this could lead to problems on other peoples PC's and FS.

QUOTE: Boston Logan V2.1 - Jan 27th 2007Installation-------------Unzip the included zip file to a temporary folder of your choice.Copy all of the BGL files within the scenery folder to the Boston-Logan2 scenery folder & overwrite.Copy all of the BMP files within the texture folder to the Boston-Logan2 texture folder & overwrite. UNQUOTE.Just to make it perfectly clear.Jim Harnes

Steve, I believe the earlier posts from Rune and Nes about overwriting V2 with V2.1 are correct, from my reading of the install instructions. However, you are correct when you say the user was required to remove the first version before installing V2.Check it out.Jack

>both of you are giving miss-leading information out in here,>and this could lead to problems on other peoples PC's and FS.No, they're not. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to get your facts straight before you chide people for supposedly placing others at risk? This topic is about the just-released V2.1, not V2.Straight from the Bostan Logan V2.1 update readme:QUOTEUnzip the included zip file to a temporary folder of your choice.Copy all of the BGL files within the scenery folder to the Boston-Logan2 scenery folder& overwrite.Copy all of the BMP files within the texture folder to the Boston-Logan2 texture folder& overwrite.UNQUOTEI think an apology to Rune and Nes is in order...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Talking about 2.1. :D It sure takes some time for the file to download. And look at the number of downloads already. Big thanks to George Grimshaw!

Mike...

Guest neslesman

Wierd, really wierd!!I thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a few minutes and had to re read the thread three times.And, yes, thanks to Mr. Grimshaw.

I humbly and Publicly apologise to Rune & Nes.I was in fact completely wrong.in my misgivings, I sincerely thought that they were referring to V2, and that the 2.1 was a typo, I did not even realise until now that there was a V2.1I'm downloading it now.again, sorry for jumping in with both feet.

Guest neslesman

No big deal as long as it's all sorted and the OP understands the correct answer to the problem, do not uninstall if it's for V 2.1, the new one. If I had a dollar for everytime I thought .................................................

Does this scenery co-habitate well with UT USA?

Man I just installed the Boston Scenery package and most say, those taxiway and runway textures are amazing. I was wondering if there was a way to apply those taxiway/runway textures to the rest of FS default airports? Just curious.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Elvi5

>Does this scenery co-habitate well with UT USA?Yes

Guest Elvi5

>Man I just installed the Boston Scenery package and most say,>those taxiway and runway textures are amazing. I was>wondering if there was a way to apply those taxiway/runway>textures to the rest of FS default airports? Just curious.>>Thanks,>>BillNo, won't work. The BOS textures are applied to custom runway geometry in GMAX.