Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Huge discolored blocks of water over oceans ?

I observe that on FS9 flights over oceans, there are often large squares or diamond shaped pieces of the water that are different colors or shade than they should be; often light blue and dark blue or dark blue and light mauve or blue and dark green, or some kind of discoloration like that.What causes this? It seems to be a feature of MSFS generally. I am not sure I've ever seen the ocean a single consistent color in any generation of the sim. Appreciate posts, thanks.JS

>>I observe that on FS9 flights over oceans, there are often>large squares or diamond shaped pieces of the water that are>different colors or shade than they should be; often light>blue and dark blue or dark blue and light mauve or blue and>dark green, or some kind of discoloration like that.>>What causes this? It seems to be a feature of MSFS generally.> I am not sure I've ever seen the ocean a single consistent>color in any generation of the sim. >>Appreciate posts, thanks.>>JSHelloI know what you mean and i hate that square block look.I have tried various water texture downloads and the one i found best so far is Perfect Water 1 Despite its name its not perfect the water colours are still (in my opinion to video gamey )but but the various textures blend well and the square blocks are not so noticeable and most of the time you don't seem to see any.cheers AndyPS Its freeware.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest ThrottleUp

Very easy to fix1. Download a new water texture like Andy suggested2. Lower your visibilty3. Download this:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...atID=fs2004scen(Scroll down and get V2.1)You need MS .NET framework if you want to use the interface.But once installed it gives you excellent blended hazy horizons (which is what its like to fly in real-life). It also gives you a choice of sky colors. Heres a screenshot:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...scr013Small.jpgNow when you fly over the oceans you will not notice the border of discoloration.

Guest macman4

I use Flight Enviroment. It say's it will work with it. any one try this. thanks, Bob