Sign in to follow this  
awf

stunning news guys

I have always received activations. I also have never added a spam filter to my e mail.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sure, I too would like to see something like this for a bizjet or classic big iron. But, AirlinerXP's decision to work on an Airbus product makes sense since an Airbus has not arrived the likes of which one would expect from Level-D and PMDG.This sounds much bigger than just "another Airbus." I consider this to be a real advance of our hobby, based on their description. I'm overjoyed that the state of the art has risen to this level. Speaking as a diehard Boeing fan, I'm very excited about this new venture. It's enough for me to see a sidestick in my near future.Cheers,DennisBTW, while AirlinerXP seems a great solution for the desktop Airbus aviator, there's already this for the home cockpit builder:http://www.airsimtech.com

must be a hickup with the servers! nevertheless, it has been exceptionaly manually activated now for you and B777 !

No, I get any email sent to me. I usually always get them. This happened with Cloud 9's forums as well. Odd.

Hi there any chace you could activate mine too, I signed up as bigtallman@aol.com with bigtallman as my screen name. This product has made my year really cant wait for it!!!Richard

>must be a hickup with the servers! nevertheless, it has been>exceptionaly manually activated now for you and B777 !I had the same problem too. Signed in as Gavin about 2 hours ago. No panic though.Edit: Just got the e-mail now.

Where can I prepay ?? With names like those behind it, there is not even a single doubt in my mind about buying the product.

-----------------------------------------------yes, a business jet (as mentioned above) is very high on AXP / DreamFleet's list.-----------------------------------------------I am waiting patiently with credit card for your bizzjet! Please make it have wingviews :) Hee hee.

"an advanced Falcon"Don't tease me Lou ..... don't tease me! :-eek

Very nice. I am sure it would be good. Looking forward to it.But a slight off topic Q/concern. Does this mean. Vauchez has to be shared between airliners and sceneries?Hmmm.......:)MannyPS: I am not getting the activation e-mail. (been only 5 monutes though).Hmm...

You can fly short trips on an airliner.thats what I do with the PMDG 747.From Boston to NY via Providence.:)Manny

Hornits a delta MD-88 captain. He knows what real systems do.. :-)I think he is like me, I just dont have time for the systems absorption on this one. However...I am CERTAIN...that for those who love that kinda thing, this will be da bomb. Im also waiting on that DC-8 since I work for DHL!Eric

Wishing you guys great success with this. The application of the technology will be great for all of us.Eric

... and does it mean that the Dreamfleet Archer III might take a bit longer ;)

I also love classic jetliners like the dc-8 and 727 more than anything and I wish there was no such thing as a glass cockpit. But I am glad they are simulating this plane. I like to use fs to simulate the real world as much as I can, and lets face it the age of glass is here and jets like the a320 are the ones flying today, you cannot possibly simulate a real world flight on the dc-8 with a passenger airline, thats why I am happy they are making an a320. And concentrate on those systems airxp, because thats what really does it for me, an airplane that is an exact replica of the real thing, where you need several hours of your head in the manual to get the plane off the ground.

Thank you for your kind words!Actually the Airbus is great an aircraft in that you can almost have it started and running in a couple minutes, with minimal head-in-the-manual time.Sure enough, the advanced FMGS offers a lot of possibilities to drive it, but unlike older airliners for example, some systems like pressure, electrical etc... are automatically handled for you by computers. Less of a hassle in this respect and probably an easier aircraft to fly as a first airliner.Like with cars: who would still love turning a wheel with no assistance? At least I won't like anymore, it is such a great relief!Hope this helps!Jean-Luc

I'll tell you, the MCP of the Airbus (if that is what they call it) is what confounds me the most. Open climb, managed climb, etc... I gotta get my head in the manual for that stuff for sure..I never seem to remember the procedures.

>Where can I prepay ?? With names like those behind it, there>is not even a single doubt in my mind about buying the>product.And people wonder why add-ons are so expensive. Nobody's even mentioned the price... no one's even bothered to ask. :-rollI must say, it looks impressive, though. Kinda makes me wish I liked Scarebus. :~P ~EwingKATLMSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

Did anyone notice a timeframe for this product? I know developers don't announce release dates, but some indication of progress is usually hinted at, the question is, besides great screenshots of the what looks like a finished panel, I didn't see anything that said how far along they were.Jeff

I don't mean to whine, but I am curious why they would put out an A320 then an A330 then an A340. (Their website lists these planes in order.) I'm sure some will enjoy this, but it does seem limited as far as the general flightsim public goes.Wouldn't more diversity in planes interest more people?I'd like to see them change gears after the A320. Either pump it way up to an A380 (that would sell a million copies) or bring it down to a VFR flyer.Spice is nice.

"Thank you for your kind words!Actually the Airbus is great an aircraft in that you can almost have it started and running in a couple minutes, with minimal head-in-the-manual time.Sure enough, the advanced FMGS offers a lot of possibilities to drive it, but unlike older airliners for example, some systems like pressure, electrical etc... are automatically handled for you by computers. Less of a hassle in this respect and probably an easier aircraft to fly as a first airliner."Your rigth the a320 is a very easy airplane to manage, but as long as the simulation replicates the real one correctly, meaning if I did need to actually push any of the overhead switches they would work as in the real airplane, even if it may not be required for day to day ops, i just like to know that its there and works because it does on the real plane. And hopefully simple things that most developers neglect wont be left out, such as working wing lights and turnoff lights, hot starts, brake pressure, working hydraulics where you cant turn the plane if there is no hyd psi etc. If you guys can develop a complete airliner with such things on top of good graphics than i will be buying no matter the cost. Btw do you guys have any estimated release info, such as a year away, or maybe just a few months or weeks?