Sign in to follow this  
Guest arrow2

Need help Loading Aircraft repaints on FS9

Guest arrow2

I am having trouble loading repaints i have downloaded from the avsim Library into fs9. Specifically repaints for Eric Dantes' Twin Bonanza. I extract the files into fs9 but have had no success. I am new at this and would appreciate a step by step process from anyone with the patience. Thanks a lot

Guest arrow2

>I am having trouble loading repaints i have downloaded from>the avsim Library into fs9. Specifically repaints for Eric>Dantes' Twin Bonanza. I extract the files into fs9 but have>had no success. I am new at this and would appreciate a step>by step process from anyone with the patience. Thanks a lotTo everyone who read the above post, I figured out how to do it. I never really read "read me files", I guess i should start.My apologies for wasting your time

Guest PARADISE

Here's how I do it:1) If you're using Windows XP make sure you "save", not "run" the download.2) Save it to a folder of your choice, I made a "New Folder" and named it "New Folder FS9". This seperates all my FS9 stuff from any other downloads I may make.3) Once saved, go to "My Documents"..look for the new folder and double click it to open it. You should see your download there.It will look like a folder with a zipper on it.4) Scan it with anti-virus if you want to just to be safe, then extract the file (right click and look for and click on"extract all").5) Your Extraction Wizard window should appear, Click "next" and then "next" again. You should see the bar showing that the file is being extracted.6) Once extracted, you will see another folder appear on the same page this time without the zipper on it. This is your extracted file.7) Double click on this folder to open it and you will see its contents. You will see several files, the main file will have the name of the repaint/model next to it and will look like a manilla folder. 8) Open this file, double click it, and look for a "read me" file that is usually there. This will show you special instructions that the author of the download has included to help you install his repaint. Follow these instructions. They are usually the same for most downloads.A typical repaint install from here goes something like this,9) Copy the "textures" file into the aircaft. To do this, click once on the "textures" file to highlite it then go to "Copy this folder", click once on this and a window should appear that shows all your programs. Look for Microsoft Games, under that will be Flight Simulator 9 and then search for your aircraft that you wish to add the folder to. For example, if you are adding to the default B737,click on the B737 to highlite it then click on "copy" on the bottom of the window. The textures have now been copied.10) Go to "My Computer".."Program Files".."Microsoft Games".."Flight Simulator 9"..then click on the "Aircraft" folder to open it. Look for the aircraft you're adding the repaint to and open its folder. Here you'll find the Aircraft CFG file...open it and hide the window so you can go back to the "read me" file (see step 8)11) Final step, "cut" the Aircraft CFG file that the author has included in his download (usually in the "read me " file) and "paste" it into the main Aircraft CFG. Make sure its the next in line ( if the last entry is (fltsim4) then make your new one (fltsim5). Simply replace the "x" with the corresponding number. Make sure that you paste it above the entry (General). As I said, the "read me" file will usually contain these instructions for you. Follow the author's instructions.Finally, if your using Windows XP, create a Restore Point before doing this, just in case you mess up you can always go back like nothing happened. It took me a few attempts to get it right the first time, but now I'm downloading entire airline fleets in no time.Hope some of this helps

Guest arrow2

>Now you tell me:-) >>John MWow! Thanks for such a detailed procedure. Thanks a lot for your help and again, my apologies.