Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Wilco/Feelthere Airbus available

Well, there are no downloads as such. I got the email confirmation with the download link, but the thing doesn't work. All I get is a message the file is unavailable after managing to download 2kb(!) worth of Airbus. Being allowed to press the darn Download button only three times, this will be loads of fun! Contacting Wilco, reset the counter, bla, bla, bla... Great job...I wonder, why did I even bother!Disappointed,Jure

Hi,did anyone already checked the capabilities of the implemented FBW? What happens for example if you pull the stick fully backwards after takeoff and hold it there?Just curious how close the implemented FBW is to the real thing?janosch

Seems like no one is able to even download the thing. Links not working.When and if I am able to download the Airbus, I'll post here when I try it. But it's getting late, so it'll probably be tomorrow. If Wilco's site works.Jure

Contact your credit card company and request a charge back. You have every right to do this, then re-buy when Wilco has sorted out the issues (whenever that might be).ricardo

Ricardo,good advice. I am patient, I usually don't whine or b*tch, but this is silly. They release an Airbus - let's face it: lots of people wish for an Airbus - and voila, the site crashes. I first tried at 16:30 and all I managed to do up until now, was to get my download counter up to 3. I mean come on, Wilco, you MUST have known that lots of people would buy this! To be so utterly unprepared is irresponsible to say the least! Now I'm sorry to have posted the first message at all. Here is the amended version:Wilco/Feelthere Airbus is NOT available!/soapbox mode offGood night!Jure

Guest georg

Well, hopefully the Airbus won't disappear anywhere tomorrow so we can maybe get hold of it. Better a day later than never :)

What a pity more publishers don't operate like FlightOne.... There, at least you get to download the product BEFORE parting with any money. Just the activation then.

Guest Pilot533

I dont see why everyone doesn't use flight 1, why is wilco even in business? You just cant beat flight1, especially with a 30 day refund period so you can try it out first.

>LOL>>And as if it was`nt bad enough for Wilco/FeelThere Lou Betti>comes along and bumps the AXP thread just to clarify F1 server>capacity.>I kind of feel sorry for FeelThere as what should be a great>day for them (assuming their product is not bug ridden)is>really going down the toilet due to AXP and the shenanigans of>their publisher(Wilco)>>Man talk about getting your thunder stolen.;)>>PeteI wish I had Lou's knack for arriving at just the right time...he always seems to show up when you least expect him to! I too feel sorry for Vic. I agree with the above poster, Wilco got scared and released it. I bet Vic wanted to get a few more things done and/or tested. Wilco as a publisher is a joke. Vic should have went with F1.

Eric 

I'm glad I am waiting for AXP. Wilco must have the file on an old 466 with a 14kb line going into it. You all know who has gone under the radar? Airsimmer. Have not heard a peep out of them and their A320 product since October 06. www.airsimmer.com I wonder what they must be thinking now with AXP??

Eric 

>EDIT: after reading the manual, it seems they have a very>basic implementation of the FBW system: according to the>manual, the direct link is not removed and their controlling>algorithm just reconfigures the bird... (similar to what PSS>had) Heck, there is even a freeware tool that simulates a>basic FBW without a direct link...>So, that's one down... :-)A-Floor does work within the limits of FS. if you do an extremely poor takeoff

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Well taking another look at their website as compared to the mind numbing realism of the AXP shots, the Airsimmer's VC shots look...well...how can I put it....um....not very good.

I wouldn't count them out yet...neither product is actually out yet and both have some extremely talented people behind them. I do admit though the AXP one seems to be the one to beat, at least on paper. Either way, this will be a good year for Airbus fans. Besides, a little compeitition is never bad.EDIT: also just announced at AirSimmer's page is that they will be using Flight1's e-commerce system.

> You all know who has>gone under the radar? Airsimmer. Have not heard a peep out of>them and their A320 product since October 06.>www.airsimmer.com >I wonder what they must be thinking now with AXP??That's not strictly true. The link you give takes you to a site updated on 30/1/07. No offence or unpleasantness intended by my comment. I'm sure that when you posted you statement was accurate.Best regards!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)