Sign in to follow this  

disappointed with the Airbus-mania

Fat forward 2 years and it will be we have too many Boeings. It cycles. Unfortunate for the fans of Biz jets, I think the big stuff is what sells. Me personally I happy to have what ever comes along and catches my attention. I like Airbus, Boeing, even maybe a nice regional jet. I consider myself a fan of well produced airplanes not the name on the side just enjoyable to fly. My hope is something that performs as advertised and I have only found that with a couple of developers so far. I hope Airliner XP makes it one more great developer. It can only benefit we the end users in the long run.

>>Your input has been noted and all future developments on>anything airbus related have been halted. Instead, you will>get another 737 version. >>And no bizjets, sorry. Our research shows people want 737s. >>sigh.. threads like this trully amaze me. what truly amazes me is your complete lack of comprehension on every single thing that I said. Please exit this topic because it's obvious you do not want to add to it

>>>what truly amazes me is your complete lack of comprehension on>every single thing that I said. Please exit this topic because>it's obvious you do not want to add to itLol, and this from a guy who ventures this "informed" opinion:"I just find the Airbus itself a bore. A severely limited hal9000-like computer."Severely limited? I take it you have extensive real world experience with Airbus aircraft. then?ricardo

>>Severely limited? I take it you have extensive real world>experience with Airbus aircraft. then?>>ricardo>yes the airbus is an extremely limited airplane. try banking more than 30 degrees or trying to stall her out, spin, etc. severely limited indeed.

Alex:I think the idea is that you *shouldn't* bank more than 30 degrees, stall, or spin in an Airbus A320! F-15, yes, A320, No. :-)

>yes the airbus is an extremely limited airplane. try banking>more than 30 degrees or trying to stall her out, spin, etc.>severely limited indeed.Hahahahaha, the wisdom of Homer Simpson indeed, never a truer word said...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

I havent read it for a while but doesn't it conclude that neither the Airbus of Boeing 777 method of envelope protection is ideal. It recommends the Airbus hard limits plus a means of override and also says that its conclusion is subjective. I dont think it is averse to either method but certainly supports having protections rather than none at all.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Not sure why you would want to put a passenger aircraft through un-certificated maneuvers. You certainly can though if you switch off the Flight Augmentation Computers. Otherwise it is limited to 67 degrees of bank, 2.5g as stated above.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

"since you certainly appear to already have your mind made up"As have you it seems Bob............(for what it's worth, as clearly you have little respect for other peoples opinions, I have read said article in the past. I have also read many other accounts / articles SUPPORTING the FBW system. It's swings and roundabouts. Either you like the idea of it or you don't.Let's not even mention how if this system had been rolled out in a US airliner first it would have been the greatest invention in aviation history!)

>I havent read it for a while but doesn't it conclude that>neither the Airbus of Boeing 777 method of envelope protection>is ideal. It recommends the Airbus hard limits plus a means of>override and also says that its conclusion is subjective. >>I dont think it is averse to either method but certainly>supports having protections rather than none at all.>It does indeed Howard. No more reason to be 'scared' of the airbus than there is the 777. The paper points out the pros and cons of each system. The hard limits of the Airbus system gave advantages in some areas and disadvantages in others. Same with the 777 'soft' FBW system.Nobody likes to even mention the 777 though....they just harp on about the Paris Airshow crash that was ~20 years ago citing that one incident as a reason to dub an entire aircraft family 'Scarebus'.

>With respect, hard protection bank limit is 67 degrees, pitch>up 30, down 15.>>Check the amazing liquid smooth vc video in the AXP forum ->only 10deg down results in more than 8000fmp dive.>>The aircraft limits are quite generous imho.>>regards,>Mark>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner4.jpgyou can only go more than 30 degrees if you turn off a hal-like computer but are limited even after that as you mentioned to 67.The point is simple, this airplane is flat out boring to fly. Sorry if some people get their kicks looking at an FMC all flight long, if its really that exciting, you should be a real pilot

>>>>>Your input has been noted and all future developments on>>anything airbus related have been halted. Instead, you will>>get another 737 version. >>>>And no bizjets, sorry. Our research shows people want 737s. >>>>sigh.. threads like this trully amaze me. >>>what truly amazes me is your complete lack of comprehension on>every single thing that I said. Please exit this topic because>it's obvious you do not want to add to itIt is funny seeing you trying to show me attitude when you can't even spell airbus, when all you are trying to do is validate your own rant. See the irony? i bet you don't. I doubt anyone cares though.