Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Did the Wilco Airbus ever arrive at the gate?

I agree, I don't get why people keep buying from Wilco. But...FeelThere makes some pretty good stuff. But they need to get away from Wilco as far away as they possibly can. Wilco is bad, bad bad. This same junk happens everytime, and now they've forced a buggy release probably because they needed some last minute income. Feelthere and their customers shouldn't deal with this kind of garbage.

Guest JTEK99

>It's a riddle to me why in the world FeelThere continues to>have a partnership with Wilco and let them distribute their>products.This thread is rather hilarious. Does anyone ever stop to think that Feelthere continues to do business with Wilco because the latter is, in fact, not really responsible for any of Wilco's bug-ridden products. Feelthere often uses Wilco as a shield of sorts to cover the fact that they themselves authorize release of products that are clearly not ready for prime-time.And then the rest of us belly-ache about Wilco being the malefactor in the "release" while Feelthere rides free.Be serious, folks. If you've spent any time on the Feelthere forums, you know it's just a hair's breath away from the CaptainSim style of forum. You can ask questions, but you either (a) get no answer, (:( have the thread locked, or © get an "answer" that doesn't address the question at all (the infamous "You didn't sign your post with your real name!" variant of response issued forth by Victor almost daily in lieu of addressing valid customer questions).Keep flinging mud at the "distributor". You just might find that the incoming money ends up in exactly the same wallet with little internal complaint from Feelthere. Feelthere isn't the victim in this, the customer is.Besides, ... if you think the "disaster" is bad now, wait till you get feedback on the actual product. It will be a morass of bugs, errors, completely lacking in documentation and not nearly as "complex" as people are led to believe about it.>But in the end, all that doesn't seem to matter: people>continue to buy whatever Wilco releases, to whatever>conditions. Correction: people continue to buy whatever FEELTHERE releases through Wilco. Feelthere has to actually GIVE the product to Wilco in order for them to release it (unless someone in this soon-to-be ludicrous thread wants to suggest that Wilco secreted the product away from Feelthere in a nighttime raid using CaptainSim's ex-Spetsnatz mercenaries-for-hire force).>a) completely useless - no one at Wilco or FeelThere will give>a dime for your angry thoughts, as you see, they continue>business as usualFull agreement. No one at EITHER organization gives a flying duck.>P.S.: waiting silently for the (much better) other 'buses...Yeah, well.. we'll see. That sentence strikes me as equally funny in light of your previous comments since all of those other, "better" airbuses haven't even been released, seen, or installed yet. That's really the problem with we flightsimmers. We want a product so bad that we're willing to suspend all forms of internal logic and intelligence in order to mentally deny the possibility (nay, likelihood!) that we're about to get fleeced out of 50 or so bucks. :)

This is why I NEVER purchase a payware addon immediately after release. Download problems, bugs, more bugs, anger, frustration, etc. I wait several months before even considering a product :).

Yea, I've been doing that in the past with a couple of exceptions. This time, well, I went for it and it's a mess. My first time with Wilco... Just got email from them that my d/l counter was reset but due to the enormous demand on their servers I am advised to wait for a few hours.Another thing: I can't get on Feelthere forums. Filled in two registration forms, never got confirmation mails. My mails to forum@iemit.com bounce back.Nice, huh?Regards,Jure

Guest AOA

Hi"We want a product so bad that we're willing to suspend all forms of internal logic and intelligence in order to mentally deny the possibility (nay, likelihood!) that we're about to get fleeced out of 50 or so bucks."Well said and I have to admit that it was very hard to break this habit but in the end the fact that I can now wait has made me a much happier simmer.That and the fact that I just don`t buy from the worst of the companies that have a proven track record of deceit ie:Catain Sim.Pete

Guest captandy

I just purchased the PIC737 and removed it off my system 1 day later.I was totally misinformed by reviews and FT that this was such a wondeful and replicated product.I wont list all the bugs and faults but in short I asked for a refund and I recevied a canned response from Wilco stating that this is a highly acclaimed product,but never answered my original question regarding a refund.I will dispute the charge with my credit card company. I hold FT and Wilco responsible for a shaggy product and I will in the future only stick with the products that I feel give u what u pay for with active support DigitalAviation,F1,PMDG,LDS,Aeroworx,EagleSoft,and of course DreenFleet.Been Simming for over 20yrs so I consider myself quite seasoned in FS,BTW I also shelved FSX due to its flaws and I hold MS responsible for this as well.Andy

Guest SilverCircle

>This is why I NEVER purchase a payware addon immediately>after release. Download problems, bugs, more bugs, anger,>frustration, etc. I wait several months before even>considering a product :)Exactly. I never purchase anything w/o at least collecting a few opinions or reviews, either from people who already purchased or from "official" reviews. So far, this strategy did serve me well enough - I purchased quite a few add-ons, but none made me feel that it was a waste of money.

"firm favourite for 'Worst developer for FS..EVER'"Let me correct you on this one, it's 'Perfect Flight' not 'Ariane' that holds that title... ;-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yep, I wait for reviews as well now. After buying the Aeroplane Heaven/JustFlight Lancaster the day it came out and being completely let down by it (what a waste of pixels that was), I won't buy any more add-ons until I read the reviews.At least JustFlight honoured it's return policy and gave excellent customer service.No more hype buying for me.

>The 'its up' thread over at the feelthere forums has turned>into a wilco bash fest by page 3. It sounds like a truck stop>in there now.:-lolHave a link to that? I'm seeing 6 developer posts in the Airbus forum and no user response.EDIT: Just found it. How on earth could it be in the Off topic forum?Jim Harnes

Guest AOA

DillionStraight from the developers hand"To all: For your information:1) The product IS ready, and this is why it has been released.2) The standard and deluxe edition are built on the same base. The Deluxe edition has more aircrafts and the video. Both editions have been intensively beta-tested and have no bug left, unless the beta team missed some.Please stop trying to guess things, and talk about facts instead of guesses.Thank you.Eric -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It seems to me that the beta team has been hung out to dry.It really has me wondering what the deal is now.Pete

Guest JTEK99

>Just found it. How on earth could it be in the Off>topic forum?Well, they just locked that thread up tight.

Guest Stefan Bergert

Actually I like the 737 from feelthere/wilco VERY much and I think it is quite well done. The IRS-simulation is 2nd to none (you can get map-shifts, correct drift-rates...), handling all-in-all is nice, AP is mostly stable (though I had some VNAV-problems and other minor stuff).Nevertheless, maybe we should concentrate on the new Airbus now.Just my 2 cents,Stefan