Sign in to follow this  
Guest shihan

Wilco/FT - Possible copyright issue?

You have got to be kidding.Are the other folks so worried about the Feel There aircraft preempting their sales?The extreme number of posts on this forum is nothing but a commercial product "mine is better than yours" series of advertisements.If you want to do a pixel by pixel comparison - why are you using screen shots rather then the actual texture from the aircraft.Then after you have compared all 1,048,576 pixels - post real comparison photos.BTW - speaking from experience I'd recommend you not bother hiring an intellectual property lawyer. He'll just take your money and tell you neither copyright is legal / enforcable.

Our very own Paris Hilton without panties scandal. Who would have thought flightsims could get this entertaining.Looks like a fight is brewing over this at the feelthere.com forums and there have only been three posts.I, for one, look forward to rumour, gossip, and inuendo with a Judge Judy Grand Finale. Maybe even a bookdeal with Oprah.

That WILL be interesting. Are you going to also volunteer to be a door doll, booth bunny, or whatever? :)

"Wait until you see me at the next Avsim social in heels and a dress."We flightsim-heads are open minded and welcoming. No matter what your flightplan, you're amongst friends. :-sun1

Guest Skedflyer

Would you happen to be the author of this pic??? I just see that this is you first post ever on Avsim. I'm just asking cause outta all the pics on airlines it would be kinda hard to pick that one out as a copy so quick.

>Absolutely! But I ain't shaving my legs or armpits>though!!!Ok, that does it. Tom, we're not attending any more Avsin Conferences until we have a written pledge that your staff member will not be a booth babe even if he does shave :-) :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest SilverCircle

>You have got to be kidding.>Are the other folks so worried about the Feel There aircraft>preempting their sales?>The extreme number of posts on this forum is nothing but a>commercial product "mine is better than yours" series of>advertisements.>>If you want to do a pixel by pixel comparison - why are you>using screen shots rather then the actual texture from the>aircraft.>>Then after you have compared all 1,048,576 pixels - post real>comparison photos.>>BTW - speaking from experience I'd recommend you not bother>hiring an intellectual property lawyer. He'll just take your>money and tell you neither copyright is legal / enforcable.Sure, you are probably right here. If that lawyer would be only halfway serious, he will tell you that the issue isn't worth the trouble and you should try to sort it out w/o legal assistance (and even that hint may already cost you something).However, left aside the legal cr*p, there are still things like politeness and moral.I thought that the simmer community has more respect for these "common sense" things than usually found in various gaming communities on the net. Most of us have zero tolerance for any form of piracy, and from a moral point of view there is no difference between pirating a commercial software product and pirating a picture you don't hold copyright for (btw. this is *only* a *general statement* and should not be taken as any form of an accusation).If that's really the same picture then I hope they got proper permission to use it. Until we know the facts: "In dubio pro reo" should be the way to deal with this.False accusations aren't better in any way.

Guest Water Mango

Seeing so many what to find whatever means to crucify FeelThere for Wilco's premature release, why don't we revisit all Feelthere's add-ons for copyright infringement? :-roll With customers like you guys why would anyone want to get in this business... I'm sure getting detail information on International Airports for add-on scenery purposes is infringment to some degree as well in this day and age of terror (every logo from the Food Service carts to the Fuel trucks has no idea we're using their stuff in FS). :-boom For something that's done as a hobby after work (most payware developers), you so called customers of the end product are surely the grateful bunch. Maybe you won't be happy until everything is copywrited much like what Papa Tango wanted to do with the American Airlines logo (how many times has payware developers put that livery on the market). Or maybe your fine with the fact we can't have a Gulfstream in FS for so called 'COPYWRITE INFRINGEMENT'. None of this would have been an issue if the release went flawless but because there was a problem some want to go for the juggler vain.BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR WHEN YOU GET IN THIS SO CALLED INFRINGEMENT GAME. We have been more than lucky over the years in this community for all the designs we've modeled off of real world products. If companies like Garman, Piper, Boeing, or Raytheon decide to pull the plug and play hardball this hobby would be in trouble for sure. To hound someone about a picture could come back to bit in ways you couldn

Guest deltaflight

The pic from A.net itself does not even look like a real photograph from an actual aircraft. The more I look at the image it looks like a bitmap itself. There just isnt enough depth when I llok at the screw in panels and so forth. It looks cheesy. But then again, maybe because its an airbus! :)

this is starting to sound like the battle over a certain developer who was claiming to have negotiated exclusive licenses to do paints of certain airlines.scott s..

Guest tango papa

If you compare the images from the two A/C's, they are definitly different, as there are different numbers in the gauges on the far left side. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest QFA001

Who would buy a product on the release day and check out the textures to find one similar and dig it up from airliners? Then who would make his ever first post of this finding here? I don't want to accuse anyone but if the community finds out this is some developers idea of fair competition it could drive him out of business.Something's fishy with this topic. QLuvr

>That WILL be interesting. Are you going to also volunteer to>be a door doll, booth bunny, or whatever? :):-lol :-lol :-lolAndr

André