Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

Smoothest gauges ever!

Guest Elvi5

Yep. This looks awesome. Smoothest gauge I've ever seem by a country mile.

>PMDG Queen is about the sameAlex with all respect but the PMDG don't come even close not a wink...Andr

André

Guest jgreth123

>Very nice indeed, but Level D is like this. in VC too.>>C'mon Max, are you serious?Everyone that knows me knows I back Level-D 100%. I love their 767 but to honestly say their VC gauges are even remotely close to the fluidity shown here is just plain blasphemy!Take another look at both and come back and say the same thing :)

Guest jgreth123

>Hi, >>I understand the enthusiasm..it's like all those promises on>the telly of loosing weight without really working out. But my>mom always said. If you want to be beautiful, it's gonna cost>you some pain darling.... >>So I throw in a bit of scepticism... >>Quoted from Lou Betti at their forum: >"Look at the VC PFD video we posted; 43 fps average, and on an>average computer..." >>>But what are the specs of that "average computer" And under>which circumstances as to weather settings, traffic settings,>scenery density and the like >>Thanks, >Rob>On the AXP forums, Jean-Luc stated that a 1 GHz machine ran the sim w/ the plane in the VC at 25-28 FPS.From the sounds of it ( and knowing RealityXP's work very well ), I'm guessing that we're going to see almost NO performance hit from using their plane ( maybe 1-2 FPS ). Did you also read the part where they are actually using their own memory allocation / cleanup system rather than MSFS's and gaining an additional 10% FPS? I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. :)

While others mostly use GDI+, RealityXP choose to take the dirty road and develop their own graphics routines. The outcome is far superior to what GDI+ ever could provide (read about the technical features such as sub pixel rendering and other details on their site)So, RXP gauges indeed _are_ the smoothest there are. Many tried, but there's no competition so far.The fact alone that RXP people are responsible for the plane's gauges makes the panel an absolute landmark and a definite reason to buy (I fly from within the panel view and not an RC plane from the outside -- who cares about a good exterior model ;-) ?).Andreas

>C'mon Max, are you serious?>>Everyone that knows me knows I back Level-D 100%. I love>their 767 but to honestly say their VC gauges are even>remotely close to the fluidity shown here is just plain>blasphemy!>>Take another look at both and come back and say the same thing>:)It's not worth it, sir.I believe you. I don't believe in getting into pointless arguments.I love LevelD, I love the video here. And I love you, Jeff (metaphorically).I'm sure this airbus will be great. About time hey.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest jgreth123

>It's not worth it, sir.>>I believe you. I don't believe in getting into pointless>arguments.>>I love LevelD, I love the video here. And I love you, Jeff>(metaphorically).>I'm sure this airbus will be great. About time hey.Fair enough Max, I wasn't trying to pick a fight though. :)I love you too, buddy! ( also metaphorically :( )

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi :-)"On the AXP forums, Jean-Luc stated that a 1 GHz machine ran the sim w/ the plane in the VC at 25-28 FPS."I even think they make the standard FS9 much faster, then, becausewith 1GHz and FS9 full install and NO add-ons it's hard to get 25fps (with settings on max), so I'm really impressed.So flying the Airbus add-on will make FS run better than without having it - great! They also have a working weather radar, so they have also found a way to overcome FS9's weather engine and learned how to extract exact cloud positions.Hopefully the AP's glide slope following will be as exact as the 737 for FS02 from dreamfleet and the wx-radar works as great as reality-XP's radar released long time ago!Sorry, but am I the only one who doesn't worship an add-on which isn't there yet and nobody has played up to now? Off course there are estimates on what a company can do (PMDG is associated with high quality, as an example), but it's really amazing on what's going on in the forums about AirlinerXP.No add-on had no bugs in the beginning!I'll probably release an A320 with all of AirlinerXP features+better graphics for FS9...screenshots are already available but work in progress (link: airliners.net), price ca. 45EUR and release: not far away...Just my 2 cents,StefanBTW: If the AirlinerXP -Airbus is good, I'll buy it, too (don't wanna be misunderstood here)BTW2: More probably I won't release that Airbus *g* ;-)

Guest jgreth123

>They also have a working weather radar, so they have also>found a way to overcome FS9's weather engine and learned how>to extract exact cloud positions.In fact, their weather radar ( seperately released addon in fact ) already does this. Now they just integrated the technology into the ND. :)>Sorry, but am I the only one who doesn't worship an add-on>which isn't there yet and nobody has played up to now? Off>course there are estimates on what a company can do (PMDG is>associated with high quality, as an example), but it's really>amazing on what's going on in the forums about AirlinerXP.>No add-on had no bugs in the beginning!Very very true, but that doesn't mean we can't get all excited about it. :)>I'll probably release an A320 with all of AirlinerXP>features+better graphics for FS9...screenshots are already>available but work in progress (link: airliners.net), price>ca. 45EUR and release: not far away...... and I have a jacket for sale that was spit on by some famous celebrity! :( j/k heh

>>PMDG Queen is about the same>>Alex with all respect but the PMDG don't come even close not a>wink...>>Andr

>now regarding someone saying level-d does this. that is not>true, level-d has awful gauge refresh rate problemsAbsolutely not the case on my computer. LevelD gauges run very smooth for me. However I know better than to speak for other people or to make a general statement about it so I say "on my computer".Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I really don't understand why there's a backlash developing against Airliner XP?? We want quality addons and as soon as one comes along people start not just ignoring or dismissing it, but actively attacking (in the sense of disputing statements in a provocative tone) the project - what's up with that?Mark

>I really don't understand why there's a backlash developing>against Airliner XP?? We want quality addons and as soon as>one comes along people start not just ignoring or dismissing>it, but actively attacking (in the sense of disputing>statements in a provocative tone) the project - what's up with>that?>>MarkIt beats working I guess. :)Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

>I really don't understand why there's a backlash developing>against Airliner XP?? We want quality addons and as soon as>one comes along people start not just ignoring or dismissing>it, but actively attacking (in the sense of disputing>statements in a provocative tone) the project - what's up with>that?>>MarkPeople round these parts are real territorial, whether it is FS9 vs FSX, Level D vs PMDG, New vs Old, Freeware vs Payware, Threaded view vs Linear view, 2D Panel vs Virtual Cockpit. It's just the way of life around here, some people are going to be passionately for it, some passionately against it, and that fuel and fire is what keeps this hobby motoring forward.

>Threaded view vs Linear view:-lol :-lol :-lol Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]