Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

Smoothest gauges ever!

>>Threaded view vs Linear view>>:-lol :-lol :-lol >>>Marco>>>Yeah I thought it was really funny too. :)Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest Stefan Bergert

@ Mark:I'm not against a good new company developing a new add-on which will benefit the FS world. I'm also not saying that they won't keep all their promises. I'll even buy it if it's nearly as good as acclaimed.I just think we should all have a more 'carefull' approach to add-ons not released yet.It's just so unfair to attack feelthere, PMDG, Airsimmer ... saying their Airbus is worse than AirlionerXP's! Why? -Because we really don't know yet what it will be like (unless you are a beta-tester and the beta works already perfect ;-).Maybe over the last years (started with FS98 w/ tons of add-ons) I got more pessimistic about announcements, trailers, screenshots or so - though I really enjoy seeing new screens (remember FSX screens with DirectX10 for example).Best regards,Stefan

Guest Pilot533

Well we know from some posts of people who have the wilco plane report soo so many ridiculous issues, I mean come on taxing with ailerons! I highly doubt that this is all due to early mistake release, I dont think they would have been able to fix all of these problems in just a few days, it took months for them to correct their 737, which still has some problems. See this post:"A320 Wilco V.1 FS9/FSX Legal Warning: it explains many of the shortcomings of this airplane, sounds like a no go for sure as of now, and I know their attitude at feelthere, they will not correct all of these issues, a good n'uff addon is fine for them judging from the 737.I still cant believe one person said "sounds to me like you want a completely 100% realistic multi-million dollar simulator out of a 50 dollar product", my gosh, have we all lost touch with reality?

Guest B1900 Mech

Did I see conformal numbers on the ND rose?!:-)

President Dale: Why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just get along? --- Memorable Quotes from Mars Attacks! (1996)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

And Airbus versus Boeing.......

ngxu_banner.png

Guest SilverCircle

>While others mostly use GDI+, RealityXP choose to take the>dirty road and develop their own graphics routines. The>outcome is far superior to what GDI+ ever could provide (read>about the technical features such as sub pixel rendering and>other details on their site)>>So, RXP gauges indeed _are_ the smoothest there are. Many>tried, but there's no competition so far.The competition would be there. There are alternatives to gdi+ available (some of them free, some not), but GDI+ is used mainly, because:* it is free (any windows installation comes with it - no costs for the developers for additional libraries).* it is easy to use.* it has the required features for drawing smoothed lines, shapes and fonts.Downside: Painfully slow. GDI+ builds on a >10 years old, archaic 2d graphics api (Windows gdi in this case) and was, in fact, never designed for game development or anything where performance is a relevant thing.Using it for vector gauges means wasting a lot of performance. Period. There isn't any way around, the only thing a developer can do is to optimize its own code as good as possible - but nothing can be done about the slowness of gdi+ itself.