Sign in to follow this  
Guest Indyfox

Regional airport scenery for Minnesota and Wisconsin re...

Guest Indyfox

If you like flying in Minnesota, Wisconsin and South Dakota, go check out the Avsim Library! I've just uploaded scenery for 26 airports: 18 in Minnesota; five in Wisconsin; and three in South Dakota; bringing some much-needed life to this part of the United States.In the library, click "What's New" or search for:northern_minnesota_airports.zipcentral_minnesota_airports.zipsouthern_minnesota_airports.zipwisconsin_regional_airports.zipsouth_dakota_regional_airports.zipAll sceneries have been made using the RWY12 object libraries. These packages represent nearly five months of work; after years of enjoying the many fine files in the library, I thought it was time to give back. I hope you enjoy these airports!Have fun and happy flying!:-cool(PS: If you feel like some good cold weather flying, point your sim up toward Minnesota this weekend - the forecast calls for lows of -20F. Yeeha!)Cheers,EricSt. Cloud RegionalKSTC

Thanks very much! These are nice to have...DJ

Guest Indyfox

Something I just thought of... A while ago the wonderful freeware Saab 340 from FFG was updated to work properly in FS2004. Several repaints were updated and released for the FS2004 compatible model - but alas, never one for Northwest Airlink/Mesaba Airlines. Regrettably, only the FS2002 paint exists for the FFG Saab.Any talented painters out in the community feel like taking this one on? It'd be perfect for flying to all of these Northwest Airlink destinations.Regards,Eric

Minnesota has been sorely missed in Flight Simulator. Thank goodness for the freeware guys. I'm a little disturbed that KMSP has never been professionally done in Flight Simulator (FSX default doesn't count at this point). It's a shame developers have overlooked KMSP for so long. Simflyer's version may never see the light of day. :-(Thanks for your effort here...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've been using Mike Stone's SF34 but with my own "hybrid" panel. I have it in NW Airlink paint.www.pmstone.com

Guest Indyfox

Dillon -Patrick Finch did the next best thing, giving us some scenery of MSP with roughly the default terminal buildings and some jetways (he did lengthen the concourses to fit most of the gates in). It isn't nearly as detailed as Ron Ackerley's wonderful FS2000 scenery, but I'll take it over nothing any day! Patrick also did some modifications to the cargo areas. I think his scenery is available over at Flightsim.com. It's certainly quite an improvement over the default.Ron -Thanks for the tip. I'm a big fan of Mike Stone's SF34 - and there's really a nice Mesaba repaint available for it, as you noted. I'm still hoping for the FFG Saab someday because the model is so detailed (air stairs and all). But kudos to Mr. Stone for giving us this great aircraft!Eric

Guest tango papa

I installed the Wis-Regional file last night and took a look. Thanks for enhancing those locations. You did a fine job! I'd like to see an upgrade of the Sheboygan WI airport. There is no commercial traffic, but it's home for about 165 planes.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Thanks for the Minnesota sceneries. The snapshot of St Cloud looks great. I'll have to fly a few more hops between KSTC and KMSP this frigid weekend. I've got a Saab in Airlink's new colors. Can't remember if it's Mike Stone's model. I too wish FlyTampa or Imagine would tackle a nice payware scenery for KMSP. I've given up on SimFlyers. Talk about disapointment there with their on again/off again development since 2004. I use a freeware enhancement for KMSP by Jim Vile:kmsp_ils_v1.1.zipI like it a bit better than the Patrick Finch scenery. The way he joined the A & B concourses together was very unrealistic. Does anyone know if it's possible to take just the Lindberg Terminal and concourses from Ron's KMSP 2000 scenery and paste them into Vile or Finch's scenery? I know we'd need an exclude switch for the terminal and concourse area. If it could be done it might be our only hope for a more realistic KMSP scenery.

>Something I just thought of... A while ago the wonderful>freeware Saab 340 from FFG was updated to work properly in>FS2004. Several repaints were updated and released for the>FS2004 compatible model - but alas, never one for Northwest>Airlink/Mesaba Airlines. Regrettably, only the FS2002 paint>exists for the FFG Saab.>>Any talented painters out in the community feel like taking>this one on? It'd be perfect for flying to all of these>Northwest Airlink destinations.>>Regards,>Eric>Hey Eric,From one freeware contributor to another...I will see if I can paint her up for you. :)Right now I am heavily involved in releasing my EMB-120 liveries, and I have released several that may have flown into your areas of interest, so you might check them out as an alternative while I look at the Saab textures. ;)I can't promise I will be able to paint the Saab, never painting that model before, but I will let you know if its do-able when I get home from work tonight and evaluate the paintkit.I always try to take special interest in other freeware contributor's requests when I can, and your effort with these mid-west sceneries more than warrants a special request grant. ;)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey, Stave,Ah man, don't go putting your time into painting other planes.. Every day when I come home from work I look at the new files here to see if you've done another 120.:-) ( I don't dare look in the "What's new" file section.. that would ruin the surprise....Just kidding, it's always great to see your wonderful work on any aircraft you chose to paint. I have a 340 also but it's not a free one.... If you paint the FFG, I'd get it..Thanks for all your efforts...

Guest tango papa

Your signature just reminded me of the old DC-3's that had the Flying Goose on the tail. When I visited relatives in Wausau, WI, the approach path was just about right over their house. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest Indyfox

Andy -I'll look for you this weekend! :-lolI live in northwest Maple Grove and every evening around 9:45 I hear the last Saab flight of the night go buzzing over my house en route to St. Cloud. There's nothing quite so distinct as the roar of those GE turboprops! When I was in high school, I lived about four miles from STC and on still summer nights, through my open window, I could sometimes faintly hear the Saab's shutdown growl.I've also been a passenger on that flight many times and am always amazed how it's hardly 15 minutes between wheels up at MSP and touchdown at STC. Sure beats traffic and parking fees.I have not tried Jim Vile's scenery. I actually worked in consultation with Patrick Finch on the MSP scenery; after I saw in a readme that he was thinking about working on one if he could figure the excludes out, I sent him an e-mail. Not to knock his work, because it's great, but I never did get that he made that connection to Concourse B...but after the scenery was released he made an exclude for it available. I think I ended up switching it off with an exclude comment in my scenery.cfg file. Call me a realist.As for messing around with the Ron Ackerly's FS2000 scenery...I tried bits and pieces in FS2004 and it never worked right. Some of the objects didn't show up, and it didn't seem to be designed so you could use some files and not others. Plus, I prefer to have MSP with the new regional concourse configuration. But I wonder if any of the talented scenery gurus here on the forums know anything about this?Thanks for your comments!Eric

Guest Indyfox

Steve -MUCH APPRECIATED! Many thanks just for taking a look at this. I've heard that the FFG Saab has a fairly complex paintkit. The old textures show up OK on the tail and engines, I think...just not the fueslage.Thanks for all of your wonderful work for us simmers. Those awesome EMB-120 paints caught my eye right away. I've been too busy with my scenery project to play with the sim much lately, but I do look forward to taking that Skywest Delta Connection EMB-120 for a spin very soon.Keep us posted!Eric

>Your signature just reminded me of the old DC-3's that had>the Flying Goose on the tail. When I visited relatives in>Wausau, WI, the approach path was just about right over their>house. That would be North Central. If you hunt some of the propliner sites you can find some of their paints.scott s..

>Steve ->>MUCH APPRECIATED! Many thanks just for taking a look at this.>I've heard that the FFG Saab has a fairly complex paintkit.>The old textures show up OK on the tail and engines, I>think...just not the fueslage.>>Thanks for all of your wonderful work for us simmers. Those>awesome EMB-120 paints caught my eye right away. I've been too>busy with my scenery project to play with the sim much lately,>but I do look forward to taking that Skywest Delta Connection>EMB-120 for a spin very soon.>>Keep us posted!>>EricHey Eric,I can paint her just fine....http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166204.jpgThe problem that I won't be able to solve (trust me I've tried) is how to get it on the "unique" texture maps for her to display in flightsim.To say the method used to create the texture maps for this model are unorthodox would be an understatement. :)If someone knows how to transfer my textures to the texture map, please let me know I and will be happy to provide you with my textures. Otherwise, Im afraid this plane won't have a NWA Airlink paint from me flying in the FS world. :(Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg