Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Can't get logbook to work

I'm really frustrated about the logbook feature. It used to work fine.I have the log flight time set automatically in the 'general' options.Also 'prompt on exit' is ticked on.Now when I exit the flight I get the window asking if I want to exit fs. I tick yes. Now this message appears:"You have chosen the log flight time but the LOGBOOK (ten boxes follow) does not exist. You will not be able to log flight time until you recreate the flight time logging"????Can someone help me out here please.Eytan Ornstein

Guest CaffeineBomb

I had a similar problem a while ago.If I remember correctly, the problem is in the fs9.cfg file. There's a line in there that reads LOG_FILE= and the name of the logbook. That line will be showing LOGBOOK followed by 10 boxes. Delete the boxes and that should resolve your issue.

I can't believe it; I looked all over my computer for the fs9.cfg file and couldn't find a trace of it.I'm wondering,is it anything to do with the fact that I have the no cd 9fs9.1 patch?Eytan

Guest neslesman

They hid the file sort of.Go to documents and settings/ "user name" (yourself)/ application data/ microsoft/ FS9/ and Voila there it is. There's some other stuff in their too. I think you also have your system set to be able to view system files, sometimes they can be set to not be visible.