Sign in to follow this  
Guest N612UA

Problem with FS2004 and vista

Guest N612UA

Hello I just brought and installed vista last night reinstalled everything inculding FS9. I went to do a flight today and setup the keys like I had before I set the views(cycle) up to the S key and a button on my joystick however when I push either key or button it does not change the view. I have checked and it is accepting the keys to change the views but nothing is happening. If I click on view I can change the views that way and cycle back though them with the joystick button. When I get back to the flight deck view it will not change by pressing the button I have to go back to view.Anybody have this happen to them?Mike

Guest Maul

Happening to me too. It's really making me angry and making FS9 pretty much unplayable. However, FSX isn't doing any better; Vista pretty much cut my frames in half, from about 18 to 9. So much for taking advantage of Vista!

Guest BAW347

I assume you have checked control assignments in FS9. Even in XP FS9is laible to change settings from time to time.The other option is to disable control assignments in FS9 and let FSUIPC do the job. You do need a registered version. How to do it is in the basic info files. I haven't heard anything that suggests tat it will not work in Vista. However what have you got to loose by trying.Martin Plain

Sorry to hear about that. I think I'll stay with FS9 and XP for now - everything's working fine (fingers crossed - this is FS!) and so I'll resist the urge to meddle. Hope you get things sorted!I read an interesting article on BBC about Vista and voice recognition problems. Seems you can download, or be sent, nasty voice commands that may delete files: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6320865.stmMS quote: 'The firm has pointed out that in order for the flaw to be exploited the speech recognition feature would need to be activated and configured and both microphone and speakers would have to be switched on.' Something I tend to think most users would do ;-)Generally though, how is Vista? I can be a bit of a luddite sometimes, not wanting to change something that's ok - but on the other hand, do find new things interesting.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

The exact same thing happened here. Although the "S" key syndrome has somehow fixed itself in my case. I did have to go back and reassign joystick button commands. It appears that Vista might change the way in which buttons are mapped. I am running Nvidia 6800 with the 7.15.11.59 driver set. The native ones that shipped with Vista cause partial blackouts within FS. No issues with current drivers however. As for performance, I detected a negligable difference in frame rates from within FS9, with PMDG 744, ActiveSky 6.5, and FSRealtime. I love the new OS, especially the way in which is manages memory. The UI is intuitive and generally unobtrusive. Its really a refreshing change from XP with Aero Desktop. I did the unspeakable and performed the OS upgrade, rather than clean install (i really didn

Ryan Kelly

Yup, been saying that since FSX came out. DON'T RUN FSX UNDER VISTA!!! Wait until you start experiencing the 10 second pauses.Welcome to my hellhole of a world! FSX+VISTA=EWWWW.

Guest manbird

Glutton for punishment eh? It's going to be hard to trouble shoot some of these new releases since everyone's running on a completely new operating system AND FSX.

I have the exact same problem, but have a work around until I can sort out what is going on.If you you to full screen mode then the keys work.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest EmmaB2006

I Tested Vista for microsoft , and raised this issue with them from RC1 and through to RC2 , appears to be fixed for me in Vista Business .. now the reason you will get worse frames in Vista than xp is .. well there's 2 reasons .. Vista manages ram differently than windows xp does .. and Also your graphics are permantly used in vista for DWM or known as Aero , so you will see a hit in frames ... i guess microsoft gambled on us using Direct X 10 Card all the time ... tut..OS X All the way lol ...

I just got a brand new computer with vista ultimate alreadyinstalled. Im also having some major issues with fs9.While sitting on the runway in full screen, there is a bunchof flickering and flashing all over the place. Also, unableto look left, right, etc. The flickering goes away whenIm not in full screen, but then nothing works right.Although it does not run great, Im able to run fsx.I would much rather be able to run fs9 with thesuperior add ons such as pmdg aircraft. Other thanfs9 not working, Im getting used to Vista.Adm

> and Also your graphics>are permantly used in vista for DWM or known as Aero , so you>will see a hit in frames ... i guess microsoft gambled on us>using Direct X 10 Card all the time ... tut..>I somewhere read that when running games, Aero would somehow unload itself and not drain resources from the videocard. That is not correct then?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest bestonboard

I have this issue, but one thing I did find very odd about the whole thing is this:When I right-clicked the window and hit "Undock Window" the whole experience began working again. I am running an nVidia GeForce 6600 with 2gb RAM and such, and undocking was the only way I could fly, albeit without a cockpit.I'm so so keen to get a fix for this so I can continue flying!!!!