Sign in to follow this  
Guest technoman

Auto pilot/Heading hold problem

Guest technoman

Hi all, Im flying the level d 767.Normally I let the autopilot control the throttle and descent rate and i stay lined up with the runway. I can do this with the default FS planes but not with the level d 767.Ive tired turning off wing leveler and disabling it but that doesnt help. Please can someone help me?Thanks

Guest oldngray

Auto throttle on; one autopilot on (cmd mode); flight director on

Guest technoman

Thanks man....but....Ive tried that and it doesnt let me control the plane manually.As soon as i put the autopilot on(only 1) it automatically puts the heading hold on.Unlike the default planes in fs 2004 i can select or UNSELECT the heading hold.With the level d i can UNSELECT IT.Any ideas?Thanks

unless this package represents some real world 767's with a 'command wheel steering' CWS pakcage (which I dont think it does), you cannot individually deselct the steering mode(s)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest technoman

Hey,Man i really appreciate you help.No one knows about this.the plane does not have CWSI like the FMC so do you know of any other planes that have the FMCand the ability to control lateral movement manually while the autopilot maintains altitude etc?

Guest manbird

>Hey,>>Man i really appreciate you help.No one knows about this.>>the plane does not have CWS>>I like the FMC so do you know of any other planes that have>the FMC>>and the ability to control lateral movement manually while the>autopilot maintains altitude etc?>>>The LDS767 and the Real 767 does not allow seperate control movements in AutoPilot. What would be the point in doing this?

Guest technoman

Ok thanks.This is realism to the fullest extent then.You see i like lining up manually but im not good enough to control the power/trim descent rate manually.Its more fun to fly the plane then to program your flight and let everything be done for you.Maybe you can help me then.I like the realism and everything(FMC etc)So what add on plane can i get that will allow me to do what i want?Thanks!And thanks again to everyone for helping me out

>The LDS767 and the Real 767 does not allow seperate control>movements in AutoPilot. I am assuming you talking specifically of this LD package and the actual real aircraft it was based on. In reality, the CWS option package is (was) available at one time. I am aware of at least two airframes that have this option. Both were leased return units from American Airlines in 1991 that I believe are operating under the Luftansa parent group. True, not common - but there are some out there.If you do want this option, with a fully functional FMC on a Boeing product for use in FS9, you may want to look into the PMDG 737 series product line. I 'think' their package may offer this. They have a forum here at AVSIM and you could ask there.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K