Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Wilco A320 - another one

Maybe an instructor but in flightsim you need to capture from below, not from above the GS:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Okay, I'm going to show my stupidity here but?14) No G/S captureNever, or is the FS limitation of not being able to capture the glideslope if the aircraft is above the glide slope the problem?24)No ADF2Is ADF something besides Automatic Direction Finder? FS does not have the capacity to have two NDB 'signals' received and displayed in the same cockpit.

24) Sure you can. Tune VOR or NDB to two different frequencies and the ADF will point to two different beacons. You can even tune one ADF to receive an NDB and the other to a VOR. EDIT: well at least you can in the LDS and PMDG 747We're talking basic airmanship tools here.

Guest manbird

Seems that the more computer like an airplane gets, the more difficult it is to make a computer emulate it. What is it about the Airbus that is so difficult for developers to create?

Guest Tatu

>24) Sure you can. Tune VOR or NDB to two different>frequencies and the ADF will point to two different beacons. >You can even tune one ADF to receive an NDB and the other to a>VOR. EDIT: well at least you can in the LDS and PMDG 747>>We're talking basic airmanship tools here.So let's keep it basic. It is not possible to tune ADF to receive a VOR. NDB and VOR have totally different frequency range, by no means is it possible to use ADF to receive VOR and vice versa. What you probably meant is that ND display can show Left and Right VOR or L/R ADF, in the Boeing planes that is. And that is the same for Airbus. Feelthere model misses the ADF 2 but has two VORs. ADF 2 is not a standard in the default style cockpit in the sim but it can be done.Then I have a question, does a real Airbus capture the glideslope from above?I did a little test and it seems that Localizer has to be captured before Glideslope in the FT bus AP to fly it correctly. I have seen this in many addon planes, I don't know how it is in real life though.T

Mike,Please don't take this wrong - but we are not talking about airmanship tools.We are talking about how FLIGHT SIMULATOR does or does not implement real world capabilities.If I understand you correctly in the LDS and PMDG aircraft - you can go to EHAM on the start point for Rwy 06, tune NDB receiver #1 to 388.5, tune NDB receiver #2 to 376 - and have the one or two instrument(s) display pointing back behind the aircraft to NDB #1 and about 45 degrees off the starboard bow to NDB #2?If so, please post the radios section of the aircraft.cfg file and the portion of the panel.cfg file which list the NDB#1 and NDB#2 gauges.A lot of talented people have been trying to make that work for years, and have been completely unsuccessful.

does a real Airbus capture the glideslope from above?From everything I've seen almost every real world aircraft with a post 1970 autopilot can capture a glideslope from above in some conditions. Of course, some are better than others and altitude above the GS, signal strength, interference and distance have an impact.Flight Simulator 2004 aircraft cannot capture a glide slope from above. It's is apparently programmed to specifically not allow that behavior.

Its always great to get a new release. You can be sure that 'super' desktop pilots have a field day discovering all the things a 50 Euro product doesn't do 100% like in the real world. Even now we have 50 Euro per hour real world simulators that don't have 100% accuracy but hey lets show of our knowledge to the forum and slash this product.Pointing ou a flaw in a product is great but give the developer a chance to fix it and expect that your 60 Euro base program might miss some features needed to simulate everything 100%.It's not like anyone is forcing you to buy early or to trust add-on makers that generaly make the 80% real product to suddenly make a 100% product.Get a life...BTW If this one gets it about 80% right the competition is forced to make theirs a lot beter. Even if you don't buy this one the AirlinerXP folks are forced to at least include all the good functions in this one. Competition is good.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>>in my opinion, for the fs9, pss remains the best choice.>>Sure mr "real pilot"I take it that you are an A320 Captain or First Officer, rather than an armchair pilot?A TAM A330 pilot said that the PSS simulation was good, albeit with flaws. A guy on Flightsim.com used an A320 Full-motion simulator, and his experience with the PSS Airbus came in very useful ;)

Guest Pilot533

You are much too naive boshar, the people at feelthere wont fix everything because they feel it will be good enough. Get a company like airxp, or lds and they will, because they want to make an addon as realistic as they can. "expect that your 60 Euro base program might miss some features needed to simulate everything 100%."Thats bull****. Ever hear of pmdg, level d simulations, maybe its not 100%, but its alot closer than feelthere will get, lets not be naive people, be realistic.

Yikes!!!! Me are thinking of RMI, ughhh, I can fly airplane :-badteeth.5 Long Island Iced Teas and aviation don't mix apparently!

OK, as per the other questions in your PM reply...Both ADF receivers are tuned as per your request, the DME's reflected on the RMI of course are for the manually tuned VOR's, AMS and SPL.Here we have the ILS radio tuned to the 06 ILS, a check of the ADI shows the CDI centered at 061 degrees. Note the NAV1/2 radios are each tuned also, NAV1/SPL VOR with HSI CDI centered at about 004 degrees... http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166198.jpgand NAV2/AMS VOR with CDI centered at about 150 degrees...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166200.jpg

Regards,

Brian Doney