Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

New Airbus Cockpit Shot

Guest manbird

>That's a good thing!>>I hadn't seen it posted here that they had permission, so to>that end, bravo. >>Of course, the photo is STILL copyrighted. :) and I'd STILL be>^@^# off if it was my photo used without permission. But the>fact they did get the proper permission to use it is a very>good thing, and this needs to be posted here a little louder ->just in case. No it doesn't. Just fly the plane. What do you care about copyright? If the plane flew well as advertised , I wouldnt'give a crap if the textures and photos were taken at gunpoint.

>No it doesn't. Just fly the plane. What do you care about>copyright?The reason it needs to be posted a little louder (*of which this thread may suffice), is that people like me who have an interest in intellectual property rights of photographs might still think there is an issue. Thankfully, it's been resolved. (And turns out there wasn't an issue in the first place - but the cat was out of the bag)*As a photographer*, I'd hate like #### to find that my photos were scarfed up and used for such purposes without my permission. If it can happen to one person, it can happen to anyone. Even if it means simply not buying it, I couldn't support a product if I knew blatent infringement was contained within. (again, it's been shown this isn't the case and no infringement occured) *As a simulation pilot*, I wouldn't care either, nor would I expect youb to. Like you said - if the plane flies, go fly it! When the two worlds collide, I put myself in the shoes of the photog and realize I'd be mighty ticked. It sounds high and mighty, but I wouldn't want to use a product that had unlicensed photo materials in it until the © holder was approprietly compensated. Even some other non-photographers would want to see things resolved because they may respect the rights of photographers. Yes, I am guilty of jumping on the bandwagon without appropriate time and diligance, and for that I am sorry. In the end, the bruhaha is a non-issue because it was used with permission. THAT'S the bottom line with this.

Guest KemoF15

Read a post that stated "no HOLD function" on new Airbus--see pic below--a hold entered over RBV VOR--I've done about a half dozen holds and it works like a champ--you can enter holding parameters from the FPLAN button on the FMGC.Also, one of the few times you'll see 620kts groundspeed--cruised at .82Mach from Dulles to Hartford this morning and had some great winter tailwind action.CheersRakebusHOLD2-1.jpg

Guest Rockcliffe

>FS is realistic enough that we often forget that things like>Navaids don't really exist but are only have their performance>replicated by programming rulesAbsolutely. Sometimes it's hard to remember that the "aircraft" I'm flying is really only lines of equations and programming rules!

Really nice to see a positive thread on a new product. Always things to correct/improve on a new product. Screen shots look pretty good. I'd like a new A320 for my stable. Have enjoyed the PSS product for years but it's getting a little dated. I'll watch threads like this for awhile before dusting off the ccard. Dave