Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Hey, Manny, re Captain Sim 707....

Well, I installed her and she works fine. Only thing is I fly in the VC all the time with my Th2G setup and it's always raining on the windshield even in clear wx! I understand there is a patch for this bizarre effect (which did not exist in their 727) but don't know where to find it.The forward panel on the VC is clickable but nothing else in the VC is. I read tonight that other parts of the VC are or can be clickable depending on the panel you have active. Do you know anything about this?Thanks!JS

Hi JS,That raining thing on the windshield in VC is not rain. I think its shadows. I got a liking to it later on. Flying IFR in it...gives you a sense of vertigo. So I like it for flying IFR. I have to stay focused on the instruments instead of on the shadows on the windhshield.About the VC.. not sure. Post your Q on the CS forums and see.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What? Shadows? No, man, it is rain. It's nuts!I shall try thew CS forum--if they will allow me to register, having bought this at Flight1 Software...Thanks!JS

I just found a patch for the 707 at JUSTFLIGHT. It's beautiful. MUCH better now. No more rain in the VC, hooray ! And more overhead functionality.Superb a/c ! You were right!JS

Ah..You got a CD version. There probably was an issue with that.I have the DL version and there is no rain. But do you see those shadows like thing on the windshield?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yeah CD, right.Erm...not sure about shadows. Is it on a specific 707 type in the series? On the CD, I have 19 different liveries and 4 types of 707 I think. At this time, the windshield seems to be all clear and beautifully devoid of weird displays.This is gonna be great for hand flying. It's like 1965 all over again. The engines are great and the sounds pretty nifty too. I flew in the 707 a fair amount in its heydey so this is great to have back--like meeting an old friend again.It's funny but the 707 looks enormously old fashioned to me by now. She used to look the height of modernity. In the Dulles museum, they have the original Dash 80 and while she is in sensational condition--mint, really--she looks very ancient. The wings have giant spring actuators underneath them !I love the 707 because she was a Queen from her first day in the sky and also because she gave birth to my all-time favorite, the 747 which I still think is the world's best pax a/c. I am delighted that Boeing has launched the 747-8 and only hope they can sell enough of 'em to make it worthwhile and give us another 30 years with The Queen.Time to hop back in the left seat and fly over the South Pacific in PanAm livery now.JS