Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Scenery/Texture (?) Help Needed....

For the last month or so, I've been getting this error meaasge when closing out FS9:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166184.jpgI have searched 'high and low' for possible solutions to this error, but have finally gotten to the point where I need some help, as I can't seem to find the issue.First thing I figured was a memory leak of some type, thus after a search, I checked for empty texture folders and the like, but nothing has helped.Recently I read where something might be exposed by downloading a FILEMON version for XP, which I did. Fired up FS and ran FILEMON.EXE. What I saw was a 'buffer overflow' error reading each and every texture file, not simply one file, but every texture file which was being read received a 'buffer overflow' message...it seems.I am attaching a screen shot of the FILEMON window below. As it is large, I am not pasting it into this message window.This is all new to me. After years of using FS, I've never had this problem, and I am assuming the 'buffer overflow' and error message are related.All this said, for the most part, I can fly in FS and not have any significant issues. I have had a couple crashes/out of memory issues, but am not certain these are related or not. But my gut feeling is that they are....and it is extremely frustrating, to say the least. I am about >< that close to reinstalling FS9 (and all my add-ons), but figured I would post this first before I made that jump.Thanks for any help/suggestions you may be able to offer...ooops, almost forgot:Intel Pentium4 3.4 6501GB RAMATI X850XTRUN:ASv6FS Genesis Mesh (USA/CAN/Europe/Scandinavia)UT USA/CAN/EUROPEGE Pro IIAnd a variety of Eaglesoft, Real Air, Carenado, Dreamfleet aircraft& freeware airport sceneries and additional mesh/landclass (no payware airport sceneries)

After further study today, it seems the FILEMON buffer overflow mesage is probably not an issue. But, I am still getting the 'memory cannot be read' error.Any help with that would still be appreciated.Thanks

Sorry for the.....Bump....but,Still looking far any help with this issue.

I hope you get some help with this.I recently suffered my first CTD at the end of a flight with the same error message, and since then my RAM monitor shows Ram usage shooting up from the once stable 54% towards 100 as the flight progresses.What I understand (which might not be correct) is that FS9 is searching constantly for a file/texture/whatnot that it thinks it needs. Which means that it runs out of memory to do FS9 stuff. But you probably know all that.I ran Filemon but couldn't make head or tail of it! I wish someone would explain how to use it.Sorry not to be of any help.