Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Payware product support

Nah, Bryan, you cannot, unfortunately, becuase you give great support and as a happy customer of yours, I can honestly say that your stuff works as advertisted and really IS tested by REAL pilots!!!Sorry, but you have now been designated "Honorary Underling". Unfortuantely, your ego is not big enough to qualify for the title of God :-lolNow, go back to your forum and start locking some threads and insulting your customers and maybe I'll reconsider! :-lol

Guest PARADISE

>>5 - "We should be thankful that xxx developer took the time to>'give' the product to us in the first place for $50. Stop>complaining.">I've never complained about a developer of XXX}( .Great post though, the bottom line is always... YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. Try some freeware instead, I rarely see negative posts on them.John M

"Then when everybody hammers their servers and shuts them down due to huge demands, people complain. They say "Company X took my money and I can't download their buggy program"... "If a company posts "Click here to pay for immediately download" then it is reasonable to assume that after they take your money that you will have access to an immdiate download.It is also reasonable for the consumer to assume that the person selling the product actually planned for the distribution of the product they are selling. There is no reason the seller cannot build a system that only lets a person pay when a DL is available, or build a first come-first serve DL system, or at least post clearly, before payment is made by the buyer, that DLs could be delayed up to a day or two if demand is heavy.*For sale now! Click here to pay for immediate download!*For sale now! Click here to pay for immediate download!*For sale now! Click here to pay for immediate download!*For sale now! Click here to pay for immediate download! "CLICK!"*"Oh, you clicked and paid? Um... cough-cough, let me explain... "Not good enough.

I completely agree with the tenor of this thread. Payware developers have a legal obligation to deliver the exact product they advertised. I find it extremely humorous that the payment system ALWAYS works, no matter what. My money gets transferred immediately into their accounts. Delivering the product includes having the server capacities to do so and not making excuses for the fact that you cut corners in terms of buying servers. ricardo

The size of the company matters not, neither their funding. As a customer being charged good money for intangible goods, i honestly do not care, nor will care what your excuses are! I don't care if your wife went in labor for 2 years (an actual excuse!), or your cousin died, followed by your sister, followed by your aunt and so forth for 3 years, but your fee collection system still works properly.Business comes first. I've dragged myself out of bed to ship things the day i said i would have them out and when i did screw up i ate up the costs myself without blaming the customer. Botton line is, this is a business. If you can't do business, no need for excuses.. just move over and clear up the air.

>The size of the company matters not, neither their funding.>As a customer being charged good money for intangible goods, i>honestly do not care, nor will care what your excuses are! I>don't care if your wife went in labor for 2 years (an actual>excuse!), or your cousin died, followed by your sister,>followed by your aunt and so forth for 3 years, but your fee>collection system still works properly.>>Business comes first. I've dragged myself out of bed to ship>things the day i said i would have them out and when i did>screw up i ate up the costs myself without blaming the>customer. >>Botton line is, this is a business. If you can't do business,>no need for excuses.. just move over and clear up the air. Lol, exactly. I remember when I was teaching classes in graduate school, you could pretty much predict that around midterm and finals, there would be a dramatic increase in sudden family emergencies. I remember co-teaching a class once with one of my advisors. Final papers are due; a student comes up to him and says: sorry, don't have it, my house just burned down. Professor says: ok, do you have a picture? Student gives him a puzzled look, mulls over his options, and slinks away. Me: Professor XXX, isn't it a bit inappropriate to ask a student for a picture of this? Professor: Ricardo, if it were really that dramatic of an emergency, he wouldn't be here in the class today in the first place, trying to wrangle out of his paper assignment. I never forgot that lesson.ricardo

Guest airbus2

If a company promises features in a product, that product should have them, if not it is false advertising.Why should developers have the right to sell us not up to standard goods and get away with it, especially at the prices ( which seem to get higher) we pay.The size of the group should not exzempt them from the rules. If you buy a TV from a large retailer and then buy a matching item from a small shop you'd expect the same product, the fact that one TV was purchasd from a small shop does not mean that they should get away with selling you it with half the parts missing.I have bought a few items from several developers and havnt had any major issues, but if did i would expect it to be dealt with the same manner in which a company such as Ford or Sony would deal with it.just my two pennys worth.Dave

Guest dwojdylo

>I could have overlooked the poochy release of the FeelThere>Airbus if not for the admins comments in the FeelThere forums>that anyone having DL problems and starting a thread>discussing their DL problems would be banned from the forums.>"We've got your $50, now please shut up and wait.">>That's not how you treat paying customers.>>Doesn't matter if it was Wilco that pooched itIt does matter. Feelthere developed a product for Wilco and received some amount of money for it. From that moment it is Wilco product. You bought product from Wilco not Feelthere. I guess Wilco did not pay them for providing support hence they don't provide it.I can say when Feelthere released ERJ on their own, support was excellent to the point they actually called me to discuss some problem.

>I remember co-teaching a class once with one of my advisors.>Final papers are due; a student comes up to him and says:>sorry, don't have it, my house just burned down. Professor>says: ok, do you have a picture? Student gives him a puzzled>look, mulls over his options, and slinks away. >>Me: Professor XXX, isn't it a bit inappropriate to ask a>student for a picture of this? >>Professor: Ricardo, if it were really that dramatic of an>emergency, he wouldn't be here in the class today in the first>place, trying to wrangle out of his paper assignment. >>I never forgot that lesson.>>ricardothis is a great story.i work with college students. six years ago i had a student employee not show for work. the next day when i spoke with this person, the reason for the missed work was, "my plane had a mechanical problem and had to turn around and land." my response was, "what airline and what airport?" this was provided. "OK, good thing everything worked out safe with the flight," i responded.the student didn't know my 'airplane hobby'. i went to the Internet and checked the FAA's incident/accident site (http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/accident_incident/preliminary_data/) to see about this 'incident.'i found no report. i waited a few day and checked the FAA site. still no report.i went to the student and said, "about your being late for work ..."yes, people do make up great stories. college students have become experts as they needed to practice in order to finish primary education.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/