Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Realair SF260

Just thought i mention something...I was flying around yesterday and I figure I take the sf260 for a nice IFR cross country flight with the charts and everything... I hadn't flown that thing in a while...man, never really realized how 'real' that plane feels... being a pilot and really knowing how planes feel real, by far I would have to say sf260 is the best... I mean if you go into a stall, the plane actually buffets and falls... really smooth to do forward slips with them, and not to mention flaring with this plane is very realistic... its not common to have a FS9 plane that you can flare very nicely... this one feels pretty darn real... I never flew the real sf260, but I'm sure its a fun plane to fly... and shes fast too!that being said, I think i'm gunna do a real long IFR cross country with it today, maybe HWO-IAH :)I'd also like to say the carenado planes are real good, but they just don't feel 'real' enough, and the 182/RG i've personally flown

Yes, the "feel" is great! I'm partial to sliding canopy airplanes, that fly and perform better than stock 172's, and the SF260 is still my favorite in both FS9 & FSX. And I've got a few hours in the real SF260. L.Adamson

Great plane, and my second RealAir purchase.I first bought the Scout and really had a surprise waiting for me when I got a little sloppy with my aircraft attitude and speed....before I knew it, I was plummeting to the ground following the then unrecognized buffeting, followed immediately by the whole aircraft shaking quickly then the 'dead fall'. Once that happened a couple times, I became much more aware of the aircraft, and it's attitude and speed, especially on final pattern maneuvers. Many other FS aircraft will allow quite a bit more 'slop' in comparison, and my time in the Scout made me a much better 'hands on' sim pilot.Once I got the 206 I was already 'aware', and have had no such surprises as the Scout gave me. Once you have an aircraft with those abilities though, it is hard not to want to 'climb in them' ;)And yea, in regards to all the other items you brought up, I agree as well.Rob Young has had a big hand in the Eaglesoft aircraft I fly as well, and it shows in those models as well.

Another "tip of the hat" for Rob and his fine work in all of our aircraft:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Agreed, an awesome add-on and an awesome company. Can't wait to see what they pull out of the factory next.

Guest tango papa

The Scout is a a great flyer, but as mentioned above, it can get away from you real quick if you aren't paying attention. Just wish it had a few more HP, and be a bit faster. The Decathalon can be a ton of fun! Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

I'm happy to say, that after my 'learning sessions with negative consequences' ;), I've never had that problem with the Scout since. I pay allot more attention to what is happening/what I am doing with the aircraft.But again, that is what I like about the Scout, you have to pay attention to what you are doing.The 260 is a bit of a different animal, I really like it....but that Scout will always 'tug at me' when planning a VFR trip.

Guest neslesman

It's great on all counts IMO. Fun to fly, extremely, realistic, great flyayable VC, excellent views out ( a big point for me), performance, you name it. Real air really know how to build FS aircraft and I know I'll be at the head of the line for any new releases.

Are there any real world SF260 pilots here? I'd like to ask them a Q.Is the sf260 a heavy aircraft say..like the Piper Arrow or are they light...like the Citabria?Where would they fall....between the Citabria and the piper Arrow?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Are there any real world SF260 pilots here? I'd like to ask>them a Q.>>Is the sf260 a heavy aircraft say..like the Piper Arrow or are>they light...like the Citabria?>>Where would they fall....between the Citabria and the piper>Arrow?>>MannyGeneral characteristics * Crew: one, pilot * Capacity: two passengers * Length: 7.10 m (23 ft 4 in) * Wingspan: 8.35 m (27 ft 5 in) * Height: 2.41 m (7 ft 11 in) * Wing area: 10.1 m

Thanks Emir,I really appreciate your post.OK..so its not that much heavier than Cessna 172. inspite of the 260HP.The Piper arrow is 2750Lbs with a 200HP engine.Interesting.... The Real Air 260 feels very light in the sim. Thats why I asked.Manny

Manny

>Interesting.... The Real Air 260 feels very light in the sim.>Thats why I asked.>To me, it does not feel light, as in a Cub for instance. And it does not have a tendency to float like a Cessna 172. I did get a few hours in a SF260 when doing the AirCombat USA "dogfighting", and some aerobatic work afterwards. Since I somewhat know what I'm "feeling" for, I figure that the model is just right! Maybe instead of "light" it's just more adgile & manuverable, that a Piper/Cessna spam can! :7 L.Adamson

> Maybe instead of "light" it's just>more adgile & manuverable, that a Piper/Cessna spam can! :7 >>L.AdamsonYeah..The right term here may not be "Light". Its difficult for me to explain. There is a distunction betwee say the real air decathlon and the spit fire. The Real air spit fire feels heavy even though its agile. I am talking in that sense. Yeah...if I had flown it for real, I am sure, my mind would have adjusted to that. Manny

Manny