Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

How is the new KCLE scenery?

It looks like it is on default textures. I wish I could get bigger screenshots so I could tell a little better what its like.

>It looks like it is on default textures. I wish I could get>bigger screenshots so I could tell a little better what its>like.From the screen shots..it looks like those FS2000 sceneries.I was excited at first to know that there is another Airport scenery designer Payware vendor. But they have a long ways to go.. it looks like.,, to produce the kind of scenery that Flytampa and Aerosoft and Flight scenery puts out.I'd rather have... Gotfrieds like hi resolution textures for the airport with default buildings.. than have some custom buildings with default runway and taxiways.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It's O.K. although not better than Shez's work. It's easier on frames versus Shez but cuts out to much of the autogen around the airport. I'm not a big fan of the rural textures chosen around the airport either. You guys are correct about the scenery being built over the default ground texture. I guess that's how it's done for FSX so why change anything for the FS9 version (welcome to the future of scenery design according to FSX). For those looking for a smoother ride into KCLE, this would be the add-on to get I guess (especially if you have FSX)... For me Shez for FS9, this version for FSX...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I purchased KCLE the other day, considering the price, it's not too bad. Of course, it's not FlyTampa, but it'll do.They had screenshots with AEU textures at one point, which may have been misleading. I have since re-downloaded AEU and done some serious resizing and compressing. The result is slightly less quality, but default performance. Add to that this scenery and it's fine.Not enough autogen around the airport though, perhaps we need to bring that up on their forums. Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't a different exclude file fix it?

Mike...

Yeah, I get that too. I think some of the textures used are massive. Just to compare, texture folder of FlyVienna, around 120MB. KCLE, almost 200! And that's without custom ground.

Mike...