Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

PFJ F28 cockpit panel error?

Got the great new F28 from Project Fokker last night. Great stuff!However, am trying to include my RXP GNS530 in place of the normal FS9 GPS500 default GPS. Normally this is easy peasy. Just paste in the GNS530 info into the appropriate window and add the GNS530.ini and dats it. Not in this bird.The icon wont pop up the GNS530, even though the GPS_PANEL name remains for the window and the ini file is properly configured with 225 for the panel name. (RXP users will know what that means.)However, I think the issue has to do with window views configuration in the panel.cfg itself. They dont seem to correspond to the windows actual names.See here:[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Overhead PanelWindow02=GPSWindow03=PedestalWindow04=RadarWindow05=Gear PanelWindow06=GroundhandlingWindow07=MinipanelFixed Window30=FORWARD_LEFTFixed Window31=LEFTFixed Window32=REAR_LEFTFixed Window33=REARFixed Window34=REAR_RIGHTFixed Window35=RIGHTFixed Window36=FORWARD_RIGHT//--------------------------------------------------------[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MAIN_PANEL,OVERHEAD_PANEL,OVERHEAD_PANEL,60,60,6060,10004I obviously need to add GPS_PANEL or 225 to the list of views. Is there an error in the panel.cfg for this aircraft? I think so based on names shown in views section. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Eric,I'm not sure why your RXP pop-up is not working, but the GPS_PANEL is the window "Ident" not the view name, so in your listing Window02=GPS is the GPS window (nothing wrong with that), so in that section {Window02) there should be the line: Ident=GPS_PANEL.Hope you can get it working....

Graeme Butler

Hi Eric,First of all, the line VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN.... doesn't do anything in this panel (just some overlooked residue from one of the very first panel versions).It can simply be removed (or left alone).As far as your GPS problem is concerned:As you can see, most windows have a new user-defined ident (>10000) unlike the usual defaults.Like the GPS window uses 10001, and the GPS Icon as well of course.The reason for this is that IMO FS9 makes rather a mess of the way it presents overlapping windows; appearantly it not only depends on the order in which windows are defined c.q. first opened but also on their specific ident. In fact, after 3 years of making FS9 addons, I still haven't figured this out or what the purpose of VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS= is :-)So, to prevent these "window-priority" order problems, I gave most windows a new ident; and by adding a small gauge (window-init) that opens/closes all windows in a specific, logical order at panel load, the "window-priority" is now fixed.Like, the Overhead window (a full-screen window) is ALWAYS on top, no matter when the user opens it for the first time. Because it wouldn't be very logical if a window like "groundhandling" (which is fitted nicely on the main panel window), would ever be visible on top of this overhead window.No doubt there will be other (even simpler? solutions, but this one surely does the job.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Hi Rob.The view forward section of the panel.cfg works just fine. I figured it out.Here is the CORRECT line for the panel.cfg regardless of what you do with the GPS. This is a BUG in the released version now corrected.VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,10000,10001,10002,10003,10004,10005,MINIPANEL

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg