Sign in to follow this  
Guest chechia

Wilco

Tom,"If you are referring to the TC1 comment, I am not Eric."Nope, I was referring to the OP, the reply from "Wilco".My reply should have gone to Dillon, I clicked reply on his post, not sure why it formated to yours instead. :)My point was, that the e-mail reply, though signed at the end by "Wilco", is actually from Eric himself. In other words, this was not Wilco speaking for FeelThere, but the other way around, I guess.I gotta say, in a way, I somewhat respect Eric coming out and saying that some of the things asked about just aren't implemented, instead of some BS excuses. I don't understand how they justify the price of the product, with that being the case, though. Fix the confirmed bugs, drop the price to ~$30US, and it would be worth consideration. As it stands now, an easy "pass". I don't necessarily think the PSS bus is "better", but this just doesn't seem to be enough of an added effort to justify the cost.I think the marketing-ese on the Wilco site could use some "adjustment" as well, for their OWN good.To those that did buy early, you have my thanks, for sharing your experiences with the product, though I of course am sorry this has turned out to be so disappointing for most of you.Just glad, for once, that I showed some restraint, and maintained a healthy blood pressure :-lol EDIT: And now the post is formated properly, lol

Regards,

Brian Doney

Much as i admire Eric's work, i feel his age old statement about 'don't like it - don't buy it' utter twoddle. Why? 'cos the wilco website is completely misleading. How can anyone make an informed purchase decision when the data is untrue. The FACTS speak for themselves in my opinion.

Guest Pilot533

You can even read it here on avsim's front page."Along with all systems simulation and a complete and ultra-realistic flight computer, the Airbus Series Vol.1 will definitely be part of the best simulation software available" Yeah right, all systems simulation? Part of the best simulation software available? I dont think so. We were all lied to.If you read this post, "wilco's bugged a320, wilco's official answer here. Just one example of the many things not simulated. "5) Don?t show the Go-Around in FPL Page->True, not implemented. This is not considered as a bug. The documentationnever mentioned this feature was implemented."Does that sound like "all systems simulated"?

It never ceases to amaze me how completely crazy simmers are when it comes to buying new releases. What's the rush????? Wait a day or two for some feedback or worse case a month or two for a real review and then make the decision to buy. I think the only exception to this rule would be products released by someone with a stellar reputaion in a SIMILAR product (PMDG 737 - good...I expect the 747 to be good. Level D developers previously made PIC so I expect the LDS767 to be of high quality). Come on guys...its time to become better consumers. Period.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

You know thats completely impossible. Thats why the developer/publisher needs to have a near bug-free release and support from day 1. Not to mention plenty of server bandwidth.

>You know thats completely impossible. Thats why the>developer/publisher needs to have a near bug-free release and>support from day 1. Not to mention plenty of server>bandwidth. you act like everyone has the money and backing that a microsoft would have... thankfully FSX is a near bug-free release and support from day 1 LOL

>>You know thats completely impossible. Thats why the>>developer/publisher needs to have a near bug-free release>and>>support from day 1. Not to mention plenty of server>>bandwidth. >>you act like everyone has the money and backing that a>microsoft would have... thankfully FSX is a near bug-free>release and support from day 1 LOLI said near bug-free. Not so bad that you can steer the airplane on the ground with the ailerons, or have a cockpit texture taken off of Airliners.net and pasted directly into the VC. There are some pretty basic stuff thats wrong with the new FT/Wilco Airbus. I know they're scurrying to fix it and I'm sure it will be a decent product...eventually, but we gotta draw a line somewhere.

alex:>I said near bug-free. Not so bad that you can steer the>airplane on the ground with the ailerons,this was a design decision/compromise made with the fly-by-wire system model. REMEMBER: most FS users do not have rudder pedals so they use aileron/rudder for taxi. FT/eric has listened to this 'complaint' and will issue a user option for autorudder FBW on-ground or non-autorudder FBW on-ground. (after the SP how many non-rudder pedal users will be up in arms ...)>or have a cockpit texture taken off of Airliners.net and pasted >directly into the VC.why is this a concern when FT/Wilco had the photographer's permission to use the photo?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Scoob:Not for nothin, but its a concern because if you couldn't get one of the "real A320 captains" to record 1 sound or to take 1 picture, it makes it seem as if there really were no A320 pilots at all and no one involved with the product even had access to an A320 except "in theory" from the FCOM.Now, I'm not one for conspiracy theories but its also intersting that a lot of the things that Feelthere omitted from the simulation cannot be found in the FCOM but rather in the maintainance manuals. And of course you know that those are electronic and to get to them one would have to have access to an airline facility.Of course appearances could be deceiving, but these are just "interesting" observations. :-)

>alex:>>>I said near bug-free. Not so bad that you can steer the>>airplane on the ground with the ailerons,>>this was a design decision/compromise made with the>fly-by-wire system model. REMEMBER: most FS users do not have>rudder pedals so they use aileron/rudder for taxi. FT/eric>has listened to this 'complaint' and will issue a user option>for autorudder FBW on-ground or non-autorudder FBW on-ground. >(after the SP how many non-rudder pedal users will be up in>arms ...)>Sorry, but thats just a dumb idea. I can't state it in any simpler terms. What do you do when you need to hold the ailerons in a crosswind? At least they're fixing it, like I said, it will probably be a decent product eventually. >>or have a cockpit texture taken off of Airliners.net and>pasted >directly into the VC.>>why is this a concern when FT/Wilco had the photographer's>permission to use the photo?>>--It shows lack of polish and detail. I'm sure its one of those things that will be fixed yada yada, but for a $50 or whatever add-on I wouldn't expect to find photos off of airliners.net pasted directly into the VC.>Scoob:>>Not for nothin, but its a concern because if you couldn't get>one of the "real A320 captains" to record 1 sound or to take 1>picture, it makes it seem as if there really were no A320>pilots at all and no one involved with the product even had>access to an A320 except "in theory" from the FCOM.>>Now, I'm not one for conspiracy theories but its also>intersting that a lot of the things that Feelthere omitted>from the simulation cannot be found in the FCOM but rather in>the maintainance manuals. And of course you know that those>are electronic and to get to them one would have to have>access to an airline facility.>>Of course appearances could be deceiving, but these are just>"interesting" observations. :-)>> Sarcasm doesn't help your argument.Anyway, I'm done posting about this. I've used the product at a friend's house, and from my time using, I came to the conclusion that it is a sub par product that should have been in the oven for a little while longer.

Guest chechia

----- Original Message ----- From: "Support Wilco" To: "'Chechia'" Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 6:13 PMSubject: RE: Support Request WilcoSir,In my country when you send a mail to somebody you expect that the privacyof the mail will be kept. But as you decide to publish my answers to theAvsim forum, and call your Post "Wilco

*from PMDG 747 site -

"From the photo-real cockpit ..."(http://precisionmanuals.com/html/747400.htm)
*about level-D's 767 -
"One of the truly best airliners add-on ever made for Flight Simulator 2004, and winner of the simFlight Award 2005 price as Best Airliner (via public survey), ... photoreal panels ..."(http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7259)
*"photoreal" = 1170 file matches in flightsim.com's library; 1088 in avsim.com's.*"photo-real" = 179 file matches in flightsim.com's library; 130 in avsim.com's--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Posted - 01/16/2007 : 00:44:46, http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6813 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Folks,We aware some of you are not receiving registration emails. In this case please send an email to support at feelthere.com with the following information:-your product's serial number-your registered username-your estimated date of registrationThank youVic