Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

My new system...just "unbelieveable"!

Hey Richard,I replied to you in that thread to keep things organized.Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Guest Kurt

Your screenshot seems to be pretty sparse on scenery/skyline for having everything maxxed. ?? Kurt M

After reading your description, I thought I would add a piece to support you. I have the Dell 8250 3.06 HT CPU, 512 RAM, and theRadeo 9700 Pro video card. Here are some actual FPS results:Target Framerate : 50All Sliders : MAXEDAI Traffic : 100%WideFs on Alternate Computer : FSMETEO, FS Timekeeper, FDC, RCV3, FS Flightkeeper.All KSWF Rwy 9 - LIFR OVC HVY RAINFlight1 Cessna C421 w/ Reality-XP GNS530 - ACTUAL FPS : 27-30FSD Piper Cheyenne w/ Reality-XP GNS530 - ACTUAL FPS : 25-30PSS B747-400 - ACTUAL FPS : 50 SOLIDRFP B747-200 - ACTUAL FPS : 50 SOLID (I've heard the Reality-XP GNS530 eats up some FPS. I guess that be so.)

Guest FPSFREAK

Paul, Perhaps I should start this one over. You first stated that I mislead people by thinking they could run FS at 50-75 FPS sustained w all sliders maxed. How is that misleading? Will the scenery match your requirements? No but not everyone is looking for photorealistic scenery. It's funny but at 50-75 FPS the scenery would make most "Average" flight simmers very happy from what I have read. Not everyone is looking for what you are looking for. If someone divorces his wife to get a system.......Well thats another forum. (I know it's just an expression) For someone who has never met me it's seems very shallow of you to ASSume what I do and don't know. My machine can carry the framerates I speak of they just dont meet your visual quality specs. Who was using DX9 benchmarks for a DX7-8 game. I was putting figures up. For no other reason. I don't see nor remember me doing what you speak of. As for your pic of 504 FPS it speaks for itself. Funny but proof of what?? I used triplanes by mistake. (see I can admit to my mistakes LOL) As for MAximumPC being a Lousy commercial source. Um yeah OK. Show me one of your sources that shows your 2600+ killing a 2.8P4. Now for my turn back to reality. I'm finished. It is truly a waste of space. You seem well versed in what you speak. I don't know you so I won't argue that. But maybe instead of taking classes and studying hardware a personality class may help. LOL But in all seriousness, It doesnt matter wether im running 60 fps or 20, the object is to enjoy myself. My system allows me to do that. Thanks for the time and forum space.Bobby

Guest PaulL01

>Paul, >> Perhaps I should start this one over. You first stated >that I mislead people by thinking they could run FS at 50-75 >FPS sustained w all sliders maxed. How is that misleading? >Will the scenery match your requirements?Not my "requirements" Bobby, You are the one who stated "all sliders maxed" clearly as your pic shows that is not the case and clearly experience shows that your numbers do not add up.Yer pic, very absent of maxed sliders:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e62102d63a5c6ba.jpg>No but not >everyone is looking for photorealistic scenery. It's funny >but at 50-75 FPS the scenery would make most "Average" >flight simmers very happy from what I have read. Not >everyone is looking for what you are looking for. I'm not sure what plane your on or what dimension of reality your in or not in?, what has "photoreal" have to do with this post? My pic above was taken on an old system very inferior to yours with stock scenery with the exception of the fact that I added in the missing river to the stock FS Chicago terrain textures, the files however are identical in type (DXT1) and size, and indeed it would seem by the number of post and qualified individuals involved "that" was exactly the kind of image quality "we" as a group where looking for (besides the missing AA) no blurries etc..> My machine can carry the framerates I speak of they just >dont meet your visual quality specs. No, they just don

Jason, I was really hesitant about getting the LCD monitor...however, I'm really pleased with it, and have no refresh problems at all. I think it's important to have Digital Video IN and Digital Video OUT on monitor and graphics board. I love the 18" that came from Dell (the Ultra Sharp model), and I especially love the way it looks, and the little space it takes up.I also like the way FS looks at night on the LCD. On my CRT, night flying was less definitive and definately darker. The night around Chicago (that's all I've done so far since yesterday)seems easier and the airports and runways look way better. Maybe it's just my imagination, but so far, I think it's a big improvement. Stan

Hehe for me the best frame rates would be at around 25 and up fps in any simflyers scenery, with all sliders maxed and maybe 50% ai traffic Of course the default stuff is going to give you higher frames but if you really want to test stuff to the max then have a posky aircraft with say simflyers dfw or lax. Its been said many times before the 3dmark 03 benchmark is made for directx 9 and it really isnt a great bench mark anyway 2001 is better, but too really test games you just do ingame testing get quake 3 or or even ms2002 and enable the fps counter and get your answer there.

That's a nice system. I just built a P4 2.66 (533Mhz) / ATI 9500 / Asus P4PE / 512k 2700 for a non-simmer friend. I did manage to install FS and copy my huge AI data and planes over to test it out. On my current P4 1.9 (400Mhz) I see 8-11 fps when departing KPDX with freeware scenery, 100% AI, clouds, etc. The same on the 2.66 rig was 17-22 fps. And that is with the sliders maxed on the 2.66 vs. mid settings for my 1.9. That enough of a difference to make it fly smoothly. And the graphics and colors from the 9500 are incredible compared to my old 7500.I'll wait until I see the reports of how FS9 runs before I upgrade. By then Prescott should be out and we should be seeing one or two more drops in pricing of the 3.06. Glad you're enjoying you new machine!

Guest Hacksaw

I just love these discussions when everyone "goes off on a rant"..certainly entertaining.Hacksaw:-grnmd

Great thread.... I love the jealous "sour grapes" replies. :-lol :-lol :-lol

Guest Max Cowgill

>At 2.4Ghz the XP2600 eats P4-2.8s for lunch even P4-3.06s!! >There, I said it again!!! :-eek :-lol >But so what? I also get to play around on some very cool >P4-3.8+ systems that make my XP look like a P90! Wow!!! >:-roll Its all just hardware that in a few years you can >decorate your walls with. Paul, those wouldn't happen to be Prescott P4's by any chance, would they? :) I've got an arm and a leg for sale, if they are ;)

Guest seev_39

Hi all of you,When I see how you guys

Nice to hear you like it. And thanks for the tip about digital video In and OUT

I have to agree with Paul on this one. The frames that that guy posted are just too high. If you want realistic frames per second on FS2002 with a system similar to what he is running P4 2.8Ghz, 9700Pro..., go to SimHQ.com and check of their P4 2.8 review.Robb

Guest FPSFREAK

Paul, Fixed my Sig. Better? LOL Hey gets confusing w all this back and forth !!. Second. Your right, Yes I did just say you were right:-roll The pic below is from the thread "Framerate Benchmark" which you know of. Now your right it's not 50-75. Its 45.5. Yes I know it's an average yes I know it's not a true benchmark but I followed the setup. I will honestly say though that my low after a half hour of flying was around 38 - 40 FPS and my high, well thats not relevant. I am going to run the benchmark posted in that thread and see. I geuss that until someone comes up w a set Benchmark that will allow all specs to be verified and a true baseline to be established, the debates will continue. Thanks for the discussion. I love a good debate. Pic: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e62825446240499.jpg Bobby P.S. I do have one last thing....You posted above about the 2700+ XP beating the 2.8 P4. Yes It did. There's only one little problem and I'm surprised you didn't pick up on this. They ran the P4 w a Ti4600. They tested the XP2700+ w a radeon. I geuss thats the only way it could beat it. LOL. Whats even funnier is they both scored the same on the IL2 Benchmark. 36. So how did it beat it. Geuss MaximumPC isnt the only hypsters out there huh? LOL I may be wrong but here it is for the 2.8 http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/hardware/reviews/p42800/ And yours for the 2700+. http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/hardware/revie...00/index2.shtml