Sign in to follow this  
ThreeGreens

PF FK28 FPS Problem

Hi,First of all let me say how great it is to see an F28 for FS. And a great version by the Dutch Fokker Masters PF.I seem to have a frame rate drop with the PF F28. As soon I select the 2d panel view I get a rate drop every couple of cycles - ie from 20fps down to 13fps every second or so.If I start in the external view - no probs - as soon as I select the 2d panel the fps rate drops and continues for any other view or aircraft for that matter.It is unique to the F28.Any help to let me fully enjoy this aircraft would be greatly appreciated.Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

Hi Scott,Although I doubt this problem has anything to do with the F28 itself, there's a few general steps you can do to pinpoint the problem.A few questions first:- Do you have other addon aircraft other then the default FS9 ?- Are you using the FS9.1 Update ?- Given your 20 fps framerate, you are either in a very complex scenery or you have a rather slow PC for FS. Right ?As far as the framerate being lower when you start in SpotView and then change to CockpitView: that perfectly explainable (any aircraft without a VC will do that), because the 2D panel (and gauges) aren't loaded/active until you switch to CockpitView the first time.What you can try to pinpoint your problem:- Setup the aircraft in CockpitView, on the runway of a default FS9 airport without any scenery addon there.- Set daytime, clear all wheather, and set the AI traffic sider to 0%.(in menu Options-Settings-Traffic)Are you now still experiancing these fps drops ??If yes: To establish if any of the panel gauges is causing this problem: - Backup the panel.cfg file in the "PFJ Fokker F28-panel" folder.- Open the panel.cfg with Notepad.- Successively, delete all the window** sections from the panel.cfg, starting with window07 and ending with window00.- After each deletion of a whole window** section, save the panel.cfg, reload the aircraft/flight and check the fps again.Regards, Rob

Hi Scott,I'm not getting any drop in fps in the 2d panel view on my mid-level system. I am loading the default Cessna 172 at a default aircraft and then loading the F28. If you are not already doing this, you might give it a try. I notice a pause or two during ground operation, but none during takeoff or in the air.I am having problems with the altitude hold function. The green light comes on, but the aircraft climbs or descends. If I use the keyboard Ctrl + Z, it holds the current altitude immediately.Dale

Dale

Thanks guys,It must just be me.Rob - I have Core 2 Duo 6600 and run everything on max and limit the frames to 20.It is definitely the 2d panel for me causing the problems.If I load up with the default C172 (FPS UNL now) I am getting 180+/- switch to spot view then load the FK28 same thing FPS 140+/- switch to 2d Panel FPS down to 13 then back up to 130+/- then back down again. And this will then stay when I change views - so I assume it is some guage or xml or something that is being loaded and staying resident that my particular system does not like!Scott

Scott Stephens

Guest Kevin Farnell

Firstly, hello to all and many thanks to all at Project Fokker for their wonderful F28.I too have been experiencing the same problems as Scot.I have tried aliasing the F100 panel to the F28 and had no problems.Aliasing the F28 panel to the F100 gives the same problem with the F100.I have now tried a clean install of FS9 (all previous FS9 aircraft, flights etc deleted)Initially, this seemed to solve the problem whilst flying manually. Then on selecting autopilot and IAS, the problem re-appeared.I have a reasonably fast PC.Athlon 64 X2 3800 AM2 CPU with 2 x 512KB cache, overclocked to 2.4GHz! Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 5 Motherboard NVIDIA Geforce 7900GT 256MB PCI Express Graphics 2GB Gskill PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory Enermax Liberty 500watt Power Supply Seagate 320GB 7200.10 hard disk with 16MB Cache Windows XP Home SP2 I am now downloading the F28 again, in case something had become corrupted in the previous download.RegardsKevin

Then the only thing you can do is remove gauges from the window00 section, one by one (or in groups) by adding // in front of the lines, and see which gauge induces this problem.This is the only way I know of pinpointing your problem.We cannot reproduce this problem ourselves, and judging by the Emails we get, and the responses in this forum, this seems to be a problem very specific to a few PCs.Sorry...Regards, Rob

I too had the pauses every few seconds. These are normally caused by limited memory resources so I converted all the textures to DXT3 with no mipmaps and it's much smoother now.Doubt if this has anything to do with your problem, but if all else fails you could give it a try.

John

Thanks for taking the time guys,I will go through the gauges one by one and will also install it on my other FS Pc and see what happens.Scott

Scott Stephens

Guest Kevin Farnell

Hello,I've been through all of the gauges one by one, and the guilty culprit appears to be gauge72=PFJ-F28_MiscGauges!WindowInit,0,0I'm not to sure of its function, but by disabling it (//), the sim runs fine.Hope this is of help to others.RegardsKevin

Kevin,Just came to the same conclusion - after trying the other gauge files that is the culprit.Runs Smooth as nowScott

Scott Stephens

Guest Kevin Farnell

Thanks for the confirmation, Scott.It seems that gauge72=PFJ-F28_MiscGauges!WindowInit,0,0 is involved with Vspeed callouts, as these have disappeared since I disabled the Gauge (added '//' at the start of the line). Unfortunate, but I can live without them. Other callouts ('Sinkrate', 'Glideslope' ect still work). Perhaps it