Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Vista - FS9 - FSNavigator

Greetings folks - Just wanted to pass along a little hiccup that seems to occur on my installation of Vista (Ultimate) with FS9 & FSNavigator.First off, FS2004 runs quite well in Vista. No problems in the sim itself, and for me it runs smoother with less micro-stutters than it did in XP (*I am a clean-install nutcase, so I can say with confidence that FS9 in a clean install Vista works smoother than FS9 in a clean install XP situation). I hit a bit of a problem with FSNavigator though. When operating FSNav in full screen mode, things seem OK - but when I Ctrl-F9 the FSNav window to a smaller "in-game" window, my frames get chopped. I have FS9 locked at 30 and it hits it normally, but with the FSNav window open it gets halved down to 14-16 frames. When turning on and off the FSNav window, the entire screen blanks out for a fraction of a second then returns. I am wagering this has to do FAR more with device driver issues than Vista itself, but consider it a touch of warning for early adopters who enjoy flying with FSNav as a primary display item. It would appear that combining a 2D element like FSNav and 3D elements like the rest of FS9 causes the problem. Specs in the signature block, but I'll note that I am running the latest beta nVidia drivers (100.54) with my system. -Greg

Have you installed FSX on the pc?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.