Sign in to follow this  
Guest Whataride

My mfs2004 keeps timing out

Guest Whataride

I have MFS2004 loaded and every 15 minutes is quits andgoes to the taskbar. I have to double click it and thenit will fly for another 15 minutes. I dont think it is the MFS software but something in my computer software.I am running windows xp home addition. I have removed allvirus software with no change. It seems to time out whetherI am in flying mode or just in the 1st screen that comes up.ThanksCurtis

curtis:i'm unsure what is being described -A - the FS9 window minimizes and you see just the WinXP desktop (FS9 is running in the background and when you go to the taskbar the program comes back running fine).B - the program is shutting down and you must reload FS every 15 minutes.C - none of the above.quick answer ... if it is B you may have a hardware issue (what are your computer's specs?). FS is a CPU and videocard intensive program. the program shutting down could be caused by an overheat of the videocard and/or CPU ... or something else ...--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest Whataride

>curtis:>>i'm unsure what is being described ->>A - the FS9 window minimizes and you see just the WinXP>desktop (FS9 is running in the background and when you go to>the taskbar the program comes back running fine).>>B - the program is shutting down and you must reload FS every>15 minutes.>>C - none of the above.>>>quick answer ... if it is B you may have a hardware issue>(what are your computer's specs?). FS is a CPU and videocard>intensive program. the program shutting down could be caused>by an overheat of the videocard and/or CPU ... or something>else ...>>--

Guest Whataride

It seems to be A. If I am in flying mode or just the 1st screenwhen program loads within 15 minutes it times out leaving onlythe WinXP desktop screen showing. If you click on the MFS2004on the taskbar it comes back just where it quite. The MFS 2004does not go back to start only to where you left off.And then 15minutes later it will do the same thing.MFS2004 is the only programrunning when this happens.Thanks Curtis>A - the FS9 window minimizes and you see just the WinXP>desktop (FS9 is running in the background and when you go to>the taskbar the program comes back running fine).

You probably have some automated process running on your computer - an anti-virus update, or something else, which tries to become the front / active window. It is minimizing everything else.Your probably going to have to bring up the Task Manager and watch to see if an application or a service runs every 15 minutes.

Guest Whataride

Forgot to list my computer specs.Gateway 7200XlIntel Pentium 4 Processor 550 (3.40GHz)Microsoft WindowsXP Home Edition Service Pack 21GB (1024MB) DDR SDRAM PC3200 (400MHz) Dual Channel250GB Serial ATA100 7200rpm hard driveATI RADEON X800T WITH 256MB DDR Video Memory DVI & TV OutThanks Curtis>It seems to be A. If I am in flying mode or just the 1st>screen>when program loads within 15 minutes it times out leaving>only>the WinXP desktop screen showing. If you click on the MFS2004>on the taskbar it comes back just where it quite. The MFS>2004>does not go back to start only to where you left off.And then>15>minutes later it will do the same thing.MFS2004 is the only>program>running when this happens.>Thanks Curtis>>>>>>>A - the FS9 window minimizes and you see just the WinXP>>desktop (FS9 is running in the background and when you go to>>the taskbar the program comes back running fine).>>

Guest PARADISE

Curtis,This may or may not be related, but you know that FS9 Real Weather updates every 15 min. If you are using this you may want to check if it's happening during updates.John M

Guest Phantoms

I doubt it's the weather doing it unless the firewall is blocking it accessing the net. I believe Reggie was correct in that a service is running (most likely connecting to the internet) every 15 mins. I use to have a similar problem and traced it down to one of my HP printer files having the print spooler connect to the net every so often. I disabled the process and all is fine now.I would suggest opening your task manager (Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del once), and looking through your processes. Write each one down. Next, google each one and read up on that process. Read more than one site to get a balanced view of what that process does, if it's needed and if you can safely shut it down.

Guest Whataride

Watching the processes I do get a an activation on HPOSM.exeevery 15 minutes. I have tried to delete this file but it willnot let me says access denied. How do I deactivate it. If this is it you are right it is an HP file.Thanks Curis>I doubt it's the weather doing it unless the firewall is>blocking it accessing the net. I believe Reggie was correct in>that a service is running (most likely connecting to the>internet) every 15 mins. I use to have a similar problem and>traced it down to one of my HP printer files having the print>spooler connect to the net every so often. I disabled the>process and all is fine now.>>I would suggest opening your task manager (Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del>once), and looking through your processes. Write each one>down. Next, google each one and read up on that process. Read>more than one site to get a balanced view of what that process>does, if it's needed and if you can safely shut it down.

Guest Kevin Farnell

Curtis,I had a similar problem, and noticed that ZoneAlarm was recording an alert that timed exactly with the quit to taskbar. Within ZoneAlarm, Overview, preferences I set 'Check for Updates' to 'manually'. Also, in Alerts and logs, Log viewer, set 'Alert Events Shown' to 'OFF'Hope this is of help.Kevin

Guest Whataride

Thanks for the help. It was the Hp file. Now works great.Thanks againCurtis>I doubt it's the weather doing it unless the firewall is>blocking it accessing the net. I believe Reggie was correct in>that a service is running (most likely connecting to the>internet) every 15 mins. I use to have a similar problem and>traced it down to one of my HP printer files having the print>spooler connect to the net every so often. I disabled the>process and all is fine now.>>I would suggest opening your task manager (Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del>once), and looking through your processes. Write each one>down. Next, google each one and read up on that process. Read>more than one site to get a balanced view of what that process>does, if it's needed and if you can safely shut it down.