Sign in to follow this  
Guest zannu

MD11 for FS2004

Guest zannu

HI everybody i want ask a question. The MD-11 of PMDG it will be doing for fs2004? or only for FSX tanks

The last I heard PMDG was only planning on releasing the MD-11 for FSX. Not sure if anything has changed after the dust has settled after the release of FSX or not. I'm sure others know more than I. I was looking at the new MD-11 on the front page as well. The VC looks really nice as does the external model. Not a fan of that 2d cockpit though. Guess if the overall report on it is good I might buy it. I just took a look at the PMDG website and it still states compatibility is "TBA" To be announced. Guess it is still up in the air...:(Cheers,Scott

Guest zannu

I hope so but my dream of a pmdg md11 on fs9 is broken definitly today. Somebody try the md11 of sky simulation? is a accetable product?

PMDG still says they plan to release it for both FS9 and FSX. Maybe... I don't think they know yet.

This is a copy I wrote in another thread. :-)O.K. guys here goes after the little time I spent with this last night,I bought this plane because I wanted a framerate friendly aircraft for those FEDEX runs into KEWR and Heathrow. What I found when buying this add-on was what I've been asking for for quite some time now. An airliner that has PMDG style visuals but lite on the Avionics front for the more framerate intensive destinations I fly to in FS9.Although I can't quite say the graphics are on PMDG's level but just the same this is something I wish CLS would have done for their add-ons. At first sight it looks like a complex hardcore aircraft. All the eye candy is there but just the same it's a 'lite' non-hardcore product. You have the default GPS on the ND screen (that's operated like it would be in the MD11) and the underlying autopilot is default but laid out and operated much like an MD11 (with the exception of activating the Auto Throttle). It's a fun product for those not wanting anything too complex.You do get many of the MD11 engine, diagnostic, and hydrolic display screens. You get the MD11 PFD but don't expect true hardcore aspects here like what's been expected from FeelThere's A320. The FDE feels a little lite in my opinion and doesn't quite give the feel of a heavy (but I only took one flight trying to figure out how to activate the auto throttle). Full flaps have you approaching at 123 knots which seems too slow for the MD11 on approach. All in all I'd say the FDE needs work. The sounds are great with the exception of spool up. You get voice call outs for things like flaps and speed brake. What surprised me is you get a 'HUD' in the VC. A nice touch although it's not illuminated at night and looks to be in a square box versus the clear unabated look it should have. VC night lighting is nice which is a plus.It's marketed as having 'Gravity and Aerodynamic actuated Flexible wings' which I didn't see. All other visual items seem to be there although I haven't tested everything. Much like the PMDG 744 you get full cargo loaders all around the plane among other things for the cargo version. The eye candy is outstanding in many aspects.So all in all this is a great visual 'lite' add-on that can be allot of fun. The only problem I see at this point is more work needs to be done on the FDE. Just imagine an add-on visually a cut below PMDG but a better experiance than CLS or any other 'lite' product you've seen on the market. For those that want an aircraft that's easy to get into and fly yet retain all the visual candy of our most complex add-ons, you'll love this package. This is the standard that companies like CLS should look to. There's a huge market for this type of add-on. Visually impressive yet accessible. I'd say this is a great effort and a worthy purchase in the event PMDG takes the FSX high road with their MD11. Again if this group supports this add-on and updates this birds FDE, they'd easly knock CLS or anyone else out the ball park for this class of add-on (if they went head to head with CLS for an A300/310 this company would be a sure win). You can't beat visuals like this that'll get you into ImagineSim's KEWR with fluid framerates.Great job SKY SIMULATIONS, I just hope you support this bird... :-beerchug

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

DillonWhat a great post! Fair, reasoned and without any unpleasantness. After reading it I decided that I prefer to wait for the PMDG model - but that's just my choice and implies no disrespect to any other developer. I'm sure that your post will help people make up their minds as to which product is best for their needs.I'll drink a beer to your health when I meet my friends on Friday. Well done sir!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

"I'll drink a beer to your health when I meet my friends on Friday."Thank You... :-)I should have also wrote the 'HUD' is a clickable feature. You can turn it on and off...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2