Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Is Captain Sim gone??

As I have a son who has spent much time with the U.S. Airforce in C-130's....I tend to have an interest in this aircraft!Has anyone built a better one? I certainly haven't seen one!The exterior graphics of this plane, and VC are really quite good IMO. Since I'm not to worried about their airliners and systems, as some appear to be, I don't have a grudge. Besides, my C-130 was on sale for a great price. In fact, I think I got a heck of a lot for what it cost.L.Adamson

No one has built (what was supposed to be) a better 707, either...and it stinks! Yes the eye-candy is good, but the systems modelling and overall "bugs" are beyond belief...and any REASONABLE expectations of payware customers...unless patches are regularly made (which hasn't happened). I realize you aren't as concerned with these types of issues...and your C-130 may not have them...but they are part and parcel of even a mediocre payware addon. The CS 707 can't see "mediocre" because of how far below that it is. Their belief seems to be if we ignore these 707 buyers in favor of our newer customers, they will go away. Well "go away" is the operative phrase here, for me! I wanted that C-130, but there was NO WAY I was going to throw another dime at CS until the 707 was working in a more reasonable manner. At this point I no longer care if they live or die (and deep down...I hope they are toast!). I have had issues with other payware makers...some which took way too long to come to a conclusion...and these have always given me pause before buying from them again. But I have never had dealings with one as bad as CS. CS has never "given me pause"...I knew I would never buy anything from them again. But I kept hoping they would fix the 707. Yeah, RIGHT! I'm sorry if you lose the support of CS for your C-130 (if they are truly gone)...but you don't sound like you need any? ;-) Vic

Did you see any sign of a new "update" for the 707, at the site, Mike? LOL! I don't think it's ever going to be fixed...especially after the "we never PROMISED we would do anything about the 707" post I saw at the CS forums. "Version 1.2" = "promises" = "707 Bug Reports"...it's all the same but now we want to play semantics? LOL! Whatever.

Guest ScottPilot

What a waste of time this topic is... :-lol

>What a waste of time this topic is... :-lol The only reason I posted it was right before the screen went blank, I noticed a post called "Closed for Business". It turns out it was posted by a user who did repaints which has decided to close up shop. Just a coincidence of circumstances I guess. I would have just assumed they were down for maintenance otherwise. Sorry for the scare everyone!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d