Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Anyone ever had one of these?

Thank you for your help Staffan. :-)I appreciate it but...Point 1 was the first thing I did and points 2 and 3 I do, at least, once a week. I use UltimateDefrag and RegSupreme Pro.My last "trouble free" flight was about two weeks ago so it

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest SoarPics

You might have to reinstall the 9.1 update. Seems the sim1.dll could be FUBAR'd. The app and mod version your jpg shows are correct, but something has played havoc with the .dll (possibly something you installed).Good luck,

Guest SoarPics

Others will have a better idea about re-installing 9.1 than I, but I would set a restore point in XP, save the "BACKUP" file that was created when you oringally installed 9.1 and give it a go.BTW, I use that modified sim1.dll you mentioned without problem. Does the message come up each time always citing sim1.dll as the problem?

Yes, the message only refers to the sim1.dll file... always! x(When I try to reinstall the 9.1 update I get a message saying some addon-sceneries may not work correctly after installing the update - Not good! :-(After that I get a new message saying the update is already installed and the installer quits.I did some more tests last night with the sim1.dll I extracted from the original FS9 CD and I still would get the CTD but I guess that

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

After downloading and installing the modified sim1.dll I did some tests.I was very happy because everything was back to normal... or was it?!No, it wasn

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,the update won't re-install until you delete one( or more?) of the modules it creates in the fs9 folder. It thinks it has already done it,but I'm sorry I cannot remember which. Maybe direct the update to a different location and you might see the modules it creates.When you use system restore, that can delete some aircraft cfgs and so care must be taken. That seems so weird it should do that. Mark Beaumont over on DC3 Airways pointed this out, but if I do another system restore i will back up the cfgs first somewhere.I went back to an earlier version of FSUIPC (3.70?) as I had suddenly developed crashes to the desktop and I read somewhere it might be that. Apologies to Peter Dowson as I have no idea if it might be that or not!Check empty 'texture' folders as that is another no-no and creator of problems and your new sceneries may have created conflicts between files- which could lead to the ctd. Try deleting all your new stuff and see what happens; if it's ok reinstall each one and see where the problems are that way perhaps.Andy.

it seems you didn't install many addons, why not reinstall or make several installs. I did that and it made my FS life a lot easier...:)BTW where can I donwload this revised sim1.dll which improves taxi handling...?Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions, Andy.I went back to FSUIPC 3.7.0 and I was able to do some short flight without a single CTD. Fingers crossed... ;-)I hope this was the problem.Rob, thank you for your help.After having this new computer for about a month, I have installed most of the addons I want. About 190+ sceneries (payware and freeware), aircraft, FSGenesis Mesh, UT Europe, FE, GEPro2, ASV6 and so on. So I would consider a reinstall only as a last resort. x(I downloaded the revised sim1.dll from here: http://w*w.airsim.net/downloads/sim1_dll.zipHope this helps.

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Good luck!!Andy.