Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Coming soon: Dreamfleet's Piper Archer III

Guest Elvi5

Looks outstanding. Love RXP gauges.

Lovely! ... I better clear a space in my hangar! :-hah

Excellent!Glad that lovely new technology is going into smaller aircraft.Now, if only they'll make some classics...

Gosh, I hate Dreamfleet.....everytime they release a new aircraft an annouing 'warning' sound comes out of the kitchen asking where the credit card is.... ;-)Looks like another beautiful model, these guys are some of the best in the industry!!Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Yes...that's true...Dreamfleet stinks for producing those loud, screeching sounds from my CFO. But they make some of the best darn addons for FS I've ever bought! So...we will have to compromise. "'Compromise' is the secret to a good marriage. My wife wanted a cat...I did not. So...we 'compromised'...we got a cat". LOL!

looks great, as usual. I just wish they did a model that is a freight hauler. a C99, C208, 402, etc

Looks nice.Hope the flight model is as good as their old Piper Archer II. If not...just copy that flight model to this. :) I love the old flight model and the sound of the archer II. That was my first payware...that got me hooked on paywares. That was the plane I used while I was pursing my PP-ASEL. Even though I was flying he 172S for my real world flying.. The DF archer II was the closest to real world 172S that I had to practice on. It still remains one of my fav GA addon! Before my real world Check ride.. I used it to chair fly all my procedures. So it has a special place in my heart!BTW..whats the difference between the Archer II and an Archer III?and is this for FSX or FS9?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest DreamFleet

"BTW..whats the difference between the Archer II and an Archer III?"In the real world, an average of about $150,000! :-eekOtherwise, here is what it will say in the "Aircraft Description" in FS (just copied it from the aircraft.cfg)"The Piper Archer III traces it roots back to the original 1963 180 HP Piper Cherokee. Improvements to the design over the years resulted in a name change to Archer in the 1970s. In 1976, the famous "Hershey Bar" wing was replaced with the "Semi-tapered" wing, which now appears on all new Piper piston singles, and this resulted in the Piper Archer II. In 1995, the company, now known as "New Piper Aircraft" introduced the Archer III. The most noticeable changes between the Archer II and Archer III are the Archer III's improved cowling, side window shape, all-metal instrument panel, and enhanced interior. It is the ultimate Archer, and like its predecessors remains a mainstay in the world's General Aviation fleet. This particular Archer III, N9277Q, is owned by Chuck Roberts, a former airline pilot, who hangars her, pampers her, and has good reason to be proud of this fine bird."Now, as to what is the difference between the DF Archer II and the DF Archer III, aside from flight dynamics (you'll be pleased) it's like night and day. The good ol' Archer II is now 5 years old and she shows her age, especially in the VC with the stuff we can do today. ;)Anyway, thanks all for the most-kind remarks. :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Thanks Lou. Yeah..I read in the Dreemfleet forum, its going to be initially released for the FS9 and then for the FSX.I have never flown a Piper Archer. II or a III.The first low wing I got to fly was the Piper Arrow (200HP complex) and then the Piper Seminole Twin (I got my multi ratings in it) and then the 6 seater Piper Seneca I.The Piper Arrow and the Seminole and the Seneca I all have the hershey bar wing. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The bird looks great Lou... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest DreamFleet

Thanks, Mr. Dillon.:)The Archer is a joy to fly, Manny. Really not much different than the Arrow, provided the Arrow you flew had the tapered wing. I really enjoyed the time a few years back when I was flying one.It's a good plane for folks who do not fly often, or even for those that do. No bad habits, forgiving, and it takes a lot before it bites you, and you really have to mess up for it to do that! Of course, the price of a new one (up to $325K) does give sticker shock!Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

>The Archer is a joy to fly, Manny. Really not much different>than the Arrow, provided the Arrow you flew had the tapered>wing. I really enjoyed the time a few years back when I was>flying one.>The Arrows I flew had the Hershey bar wings while the Archer was tapered. The main difference with the Arrow was using a bit of power in the flare to keep the nose from falling through, as the plane was heavier with it's retractable landing gear. As to differences with an Arrow's tapered wing, I haven't a clue! :-hah Looking foward to the new release though, for old times sake, and the fact that I finished my PPL in one. Whether it's FS9 or FSX, it doesn't matter, as I use both.L.Adamson