Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Coming soon: Dreamfleet's Piper Archer III

Lou,I just paid the fifth month of my 1/2 of a twin hangar rent. My half remains empty. :( At least there is a Pitt's M-12 with one of those 400+ horsepower Russian radials in the other half.The "big" plan was to paint in Oct. 06' It's been delayed. L.Adamson

Guest Len

You can always count on Dreamfleet to put out quality payware.

Guest kickin_chicken

Dreamfleet, please make a Saratoga! Love your aircraft thanks!

Tried to contact Dreamfleet via the links provided on their web page with the following question but no luck..It is mentioned in the requirements of this version of the Archer III that onboard sound on a motherboard might cause problems. Does anyone have a suggestion at to whether the built-in sound system on a ASUS P4P800 mother board could handle the job? It's a SoundMax-class ADI AD1985 AC '97 audio Codec that supports 6 channel 5.1 sound. I haven't had any problems in this regard in the 4 years I've used this sound system. Gary

I have a p4p800se sometimes the ADI gave me some crackling and delayed sounds in demanding aircrafts. Changed by a Soundblaster audigy SE and it was perfect for a low budget sound card. Recently sell it and bought a Xtreme gamer X-fi due to the changes in Vista sound system and because I found RTS games.Jos

My experience has been that if you really load up your system with a lot of complexity, like traffic, clouds, etc, the on-board sound is one of the things to show distress first (crackling sound). A separate sound card handles this situation better. If you do not stress your system to the limit, the on-board sound is just fine.

Bert

But will they support it to the degree we have come to expect from Dreamfleet? As in, iron out all the bugs and polish all the details..

Bert

Thanks, Bert and Jose.I guess I'll get the Archer III and if my sound board causes any problems I'll just bite the bullet and consider upgrading everything which I intended to do when I can afford to. The Archer will just have to stay in the hanger for awhile maybe. Gary