Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeGTO

FRAPS help in FS9

Guest MikeGTO

After seeing some FRAPS videos from other users, I thought I'd give it a try. I installed FRAPS, but I can't get it to record video in FS9. The FRAPS frame rate counter turns red for a split second when I hit the capture key (F9), but it immediately goes back to the normal color. No video is recorded.The video recording works in several other games I've tried, just not FS9. What could possibly be the problem? I've tried reducing my FS9 resolution, and disabling sound recording, but still no-go. Thanks in advance for any tips to get FRAPS working!

Hey Mike, this is a shot in the dark, but do you have your F9 key assigned to anything in FS9? maybe there is a conflict. That's what it sounds like. I had no problems after reinstalling fraps earlier. Hope this helps.

Guest wji

Change the video capture hotkey from F9 to FThe FRAPS' Demo Version 2.8.2 should work just fineI liked it so much I bought it.

Guest MikeGTO

Thanks for the suggestions, but no joy. Remapping the video capture key to other keys (like F or K), etc. does not resolve the issue. It's kind of annoying how it works in other games, when the only game I really want it to use it for is FS9. How does it know what I want, so it fails at precisely that, and only that?I'm really tired of PC gaming. It's an endless struggle of driver updates, OS updates, game patches, overzealous copy protection, and compatibility issues. Everything requires tweaking to the Nth degree. And you can't even count on simple utilities to work as expected. FS9 is probably my last PC game purchase, not due to any particular flaw in FS9, but (a) because of the general difficulty of using a PC as a gaming platform, and (:( the simulation industry overall seems to have cratered.

It is true that FS can be a pain in the buttski sometimes!I have Walk and Follow working perfectly on my FS9 laptop ...but for the life of me cannot work out why it will not work on my main FS PC (and i would dearly like it to for my screenies and vids ... but no go) .... so I make do with Active camera and the Recorder Module. (which are brilliant anyway)My suggestion is maybe try different video capture software like Game Cam?