Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Editing panel configs?

Hi,I was wondering if someone could point me to the place in the panel.cfg file that adjust the "view" from the 2D.I mean the view, if your looking from the 2D and hit SHIFT+BACKSPACE/ENTER etc, how it moves up and down. I don't want to move it the full UP or down, so i'd like to edit it in increments to give the desiered look.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

You should post this in the Aircraft and Panel Design Forum where you'll get a better response

Guest dogknot

It's under the [Views] heading in the panel.cfg. If no "Views" section, then you can add it. Usually it is the section right after the [Window Titles] section. You are looking to adjust the 1st number of the "VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=" line. This will adjust the appearance of forward view seat height. Higher numbers adjust up, lower number adjusts down.Example:[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.000VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.000, 0.000, 0.000VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 0.000 //<----1st # is 2D "seat height" or pitch, 2nd# = bank, 3rd# = heading Hope this helps you out.

Guest RonB49

>It's under the [Views] heading in the panel.cfg. If>no "Views" section, then you can add it. Usually it is the>section right after the [Window Titles] section.>> You are looking to adjust the 1st number of the>"VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=" line. This will adjust the appearance of>forward view seat height. Higher numbers adjust up, lower>number adjusts down.>>Example:>>[VIEWS]>VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL>>VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.000>VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.000, 0.000, 0.000>VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 0.000 //<----1st # is 2D>"seat height" or pitch, 2nd# = bank, 3rd# = heading >>>>Hope this helps you out.Hey Brent, how did you make the square brackets show up in you post? I can only do that by changing to the "plain text" font. R-EDIT -- to add: Wow, look, those sqaure brackets don't appear in my copy of your post. R-

Guest dogknot

Glad you got it up and running right!Happy Flying! :-wave