Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Windowed Mode

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Is it just me, or do you get better performance in windowed mode running fs9?Ive found it has no loading time now to access the top menu bar and can flick between applications, without causing any blurries or stutters flying at fl350 with the lds 767! (mind you this is on dual core)But when in normal full screen mode it takes an age to access the top menu bar!Just me or?IAn

Guest Mike_Luchia

Has been my experience that AA is not active in windowed mode, at least if you have AA activated within FS, hence the performance increase.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

But AA4x works within the ATI tray tools in windowed mode....?Ian

Guest raindog_mx

I get a very noticeable performance increase, of about 4 FPS and less FPS drops, for example in DreamFleet's Baron which is resource intensive. I don't know if it has anything to do with antialiasing since I usually leave it off. I'd like to get the same performance in full screen mode. The only thing I really dislike about windowed mode are the windowed panel views.

Tried this last night.Fast menus, Fast access out to Activesky, other apps. However I got some mild tearing (which I could probably solve) and then my VC functionality locked up and I couldn't click anything. I was using TrackIR which may have done something. However it does seem that you don't get the blurries after 5 minutes outside the sim like in normal alt-tab mode.And yeah the windowed FMC and other panels are hard to get used to. All of a sudden you have to remember which window is in "focus".

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU