Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Suggested Fuel Flow for Overland Airbus series?

Hi,Does anyone know how to correct fuel flows for these? I highly doubt the A330 burns 3000 at idle, and 30,000+ at 100%N1.Any help, as always, will be greatly appreciated!

I'll check the A330 on my computer :) MS Flight Simulator aircraft tend to have an idle fuel flow somewhat higher than reality. The FDEs on the Overland planes need tweaking ;)

I've just checked the A330-300 fuel flow at idle, whilst stationary. It was approximately 2,200 lbs per hour, per engine. The fuel flow @ FL370 is 10,000 lbs/hr per engine. This gives the Overland A330-300 a range of 3,800nm in calm winds. It should be roughly 6,500nm! There is definitely a fuel flow scalar issue. Reducing the fuel flow scalar to 0.54 should fix the excessive fuel flow problem.I hope Overland release a patch for general FDE issues!

It would "work", but you would need to change the scalar value to match the individual aircraft :). All aircraft would function with that fuel flow scalar value, btw :)