Sign in to follow this  

Problem with Flight Scenery Portland

I posted this in their support forum but it gets so little traffic. Anyway I have this problem here: pdx.jpgThis is off 28R at PDX and that hill isn't supposed to be there. I think the problem started after I installed, and subsequently uninstalled FlyTampa's Seattle scenery. I completely removed it and the hill remained. I then reinstalled PDX and it is still there. The only other add-on I have related to this is UT, but I already installed the compatability patch and no dice. Anyone know whats up?

Do you have a mesh product installed? At first blush, that appears to be your problem. The mesh affects elevations like that.

Nope, no mesh. In that area its just Ultimate Terrain and Portland.

Guest AOA

HiMove it to the #1 spot in the scenery library and see if that helps.Pete

In the flight sim menu, it is number 1. However, when I open the scenery .cfg, it is at the very bottom along with the landclass. Does that make sense?

Mine is near the bottom too, but I don't have your problem. Maybe try re-installing. That's very strange.

Hi Alex,most likely it has to do with the modified airfield flatten file that both KSEA and KPDX add-ons provide. The default file is named FL915150.bgl and sits in SceneryNamwscenery. That file covers a large area from north of Seattle to south of Portland.FlyTampa offers the option to replace that file with a version that improves on KSEA. Not sure how they deactivate the default file but the modified file is named FL915150_flytampa_mod.bgl and resides in Namwscenery.In contrast, FZ02 keeps its modified version of FL915150 in its scenery folder, Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SCscenery. Its full name depends on whether you're also using UT or my CRG but starts with FL915150.In short you can't have more than one version active at the same time. The KSEA flatten modification is less critical than the KPDX changes so I'd suggest to deactivate any FL915150*.bgl in Namwscenery by renaming it to *.bgl.bak.I don't know whether anyone has made a version of the flatten file that is fully compatible with both KSEA and KPDX.Cheers, Holger

Yes! That fixed it, thank you very much Holger. I was about to give up on it.

Guest dogknot

Way to go Holger!! I figured if you heard your name used in vain you'd show up to save the day. :-lolThanks.conclusion: Holger is one smart cookie. :-)

Guest jyarddog

Holger- I have the same problem. No other landclassesbut Columbia Gorge. I have the upgraded Portland. My KSEA is nice but instead of hills I get depressions. I disabled FL915150 the the problem remains.