Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Verga

Which G1000?

Guest Ken_Verga

Which is better the CLS one or the Mindstar Aviation aviation one? Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,Really depends on what you are wanting to use it for. The Mindstar unit is designed with real pilots in mind to use as a familiarization tool with the unit as it would be found in a G-1000 equipped aircraft in real life. At its present state of development it does not work in the VC. The CLS unit makes a very nice simming unit that looks like a G-1000 and many of the real world functions are there. The CLS unit is not designed or intended as a training software for the real thing. It does display well in the VC so if you are into VC simming the CLS might be a better choice. If you are a real pilot and want to familiarize yourself with the Garmin G1000 system and not learn any bad habits the Mindstar is the only one that fits that bill.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Ken_Verga

Wow thanks I am flying the G1000 as a student and wanted to get a DA40 + G1000 together and have it be as realistic as possible but dont like the G1000 that comes with the abacus free DA40.KEnneth

Zane can probably confirm, but I believe the Mindstar unit only has the modifications available for the default Cessna 172 (IIRC). Installing it in another aircraft has been done, but it takes allot of work and effort to accomplish (read; programming/cfg changes).In the future, Eaglseoft will be working with Mindstar to install their unit in a 'yet unknown' aircraft. I'm eagerly awaiting that collaboration.

Guest Ken_Verga

That would be sweet if it was the DA40 .KEnneth

I highly doubt it, but that would be a surprise ;)

> It does display well in the VC so if you are into VC>simming the CLS might be a better choice. If you are a real>pilot and want to familiarize yourself with the Garmin G1000>system and not learn any bad habits the Mindstar is the only>one that fits that bill.I'm really into good VC's, yet, I'd have to use the Garmin 1000 in 2D fashion or with a seperate monitor. For me, it would be the Mindstar. If I should get a Track IR....?L.Adamson

>Zane can probably confirm, but I believe the Mindstar unit>only has the modifications available for the default Cessna>172 (IIRC). Installing it in another aircraft has been done,>but it takes allot of work and effort to accomplish (read;>programming/cfg changes).>>In the future, Eaglseoft will be working with Mindstar to>install their unit in a 'yet unknown' aircraft. I'm eagerly>awaiting that collaboration.The Mindstar G1000 is set up in both the C172 and C182.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The Mindstar G1000 has a configuration manager that presently allows setting up the unit to work like the real units installed in the Cessna 172, Cessna 182 and Diamond DA40. Future plans will include emulating the gauges as they appear in the Beechcraft lineup, Diamond DA42, Cessna 182 Turbo and Mooney aircraft.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Larry,I really like VC's too and use my TrackIR almost always. One of the problems in making training software for the Garmin G1000 or Avidyne Entegra units that also work in the VC are the resolution limitations. The 10.4" Avidyne uses 800x600 resolution and even the 10" Garmin G1000 uses 1024x768 on each display and while you can get that to look correct in a 2d display there just aren't any monitors with display resolution fine enough to make that look correct in the VC so a company has to decide, do they want to make a true training software that displays like the real unit or something that looks like the glass panel for simmers to play with.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Ken_Verga

One more question could I use the FSX G1000 in FS9?Kenneth

>In the future, Eaglseoft will be working with Mindstar to>install their unit in a 'yet unknown' aircraft. I'm eagerly>awaiting that collaboration.Brian, the first two requests for Mindstar G1000 in our aircraft are the Columbia 400 and the Diamond DA40. We are looking seriously at both and as Forrest Gump says...."that's about all we have to say about that":-)Just kidding about the Forrest Gump part but we are involved in planning for the Mindstar G1000 in the above named aircraft along with quite a few others so you can expect good things as we move forward:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>One more question could I use the FSX G1000 in FS9?>KennethNo you cannot. You can use the CLS and the Mindstar in both FS9 and FSX.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Hi Larry,>>I really like VC's too and use my TrackIR almost always. One>of the problems in making training software for the Garmin>G1000 or Avidyne Entegra units that also work in the VC are>the resolution limitations. The 10.4" Avidyne uses 800x600>resolution and even the 10" Garmin G1000 uses 1024x768 on each>display and while you can get that to look correct in a 2d>display there just aren't any monitors with display resolution>fine enough to make that look correct in the VC so a company>has to decide, do they want to make a true training software>that displays like the real unit or something that looks like>the glass panel for simmers to play with.True Zane, but the flightsim market requires that Avidynes Entegra 5000 and G1000 units work in VC as well as 2D. Just got of the phone with a 200 student flight school who wishes to use our SR20 but his requirement is that Avionics must work in VC as well as 2D.Best scenario is our Zoomed PFD/MFD while maintaining smooth operaton in VC as well as 2D.:-) He was unwilling to change his requirements for VC functionality along with generous Zoomed PFD/MFD Panels:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well whaddya know, Ron spilled some beans :DActually, now that you said that, the Diamond had, in fact, been discussed on the ES forum....caution: old brain in head ;)