Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

KSEA (Fly Tampa's)....anyone able to FINALLY fix the bu...

Guest melevine

I know that the BUMPY taxiway's and aprons at FlyTampa's KSEA that sometimes make the aircraft unstable and crash into the pavement has been addressed in the past. There were several different fixes suggested on the forums, but I never found one that seemed to be the definitive answer to correcting the problem. Is there anyone out there that knows how to fix this once and for all?It is quite frustrating.Mike

All I did was put the Seattle Aerial shot higher than the FT scenery and it fixes it.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest melevine

I'm not home at present (will check when I do get home...but I thought that I had already done that.....and I still had the "bumpies")I'll report back once I can look at the "library"Thanks for the quick reply.Mike

Guest melevine

I was correct.....I had the Seattle Aerial Photo ABOVE the Fly Tampa KSEA in the library. Nevertheless, the bouncing up and down and crashing still occurs.I just "pushbacked" the 747 from the gate....it went one fuselage length and turned (as I had keyed)..then the undercarriage started bouncing the plane started rocking then pitched forward and the nose crashed into the tarmac with the smoke and dirt special effects.For your information, I have Justin Tyme's 38m mesh, Ultimate Terrain USA and Ground Environment Pro installed. Does anyone have any other suggestions that can FINALLY help me fix this problem??Mike

I think the fix was to put Ultimate Terrain below the Seattle Photo. I just put Ultimate terrain at the very bottom of the list and that solve a whole host of problems. Also disable crash detection, whats the point unless you crash on purpose. I dont understand why they even have this feature.

Hey Mike:See my post here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...62&topic_id=206Hope this helps straighten up your scenery.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest melevine

Good morning Paul,Thanks for the link to your previous posting. I did check it out and found that my FS9 library mirrored EXACTLY what you had specified as the proper sequencing. I then did what someone else has suggested......I turned off "CRASH DETECTION" in the settings.When I went back to Seattle (to the same saved situation with the 747 parked at the gate) and again "pushbacked" the plane, I got some bobbing and bouncing, but the plane didn't fall forward on its nose and crash. I then taxied to the RR, flew a loop around the city, landed on 34R and taxied back to the same gate that I started from.**I guess where I'm at now, is that unless another "fix" is forthcoming that WORKS FOR MY SETUP in eliminating the bouncing totally (since I seem to have my FS9.cfg and library sequencing optimized....per all the posting in the forums), I will put up with it, just as long as it doesn't cause the crash and resetting of the situation. At least turning off the crash detection allows me to fly at Seattle!R/Mike

Hey Mike; Glad it's "fixed". . . When you say "bounce" - do you mean the violent vertical up-and-down motion of the whole aircraft for, say two - three seconds - in one place? This happens to me (and others, I believe) ocasionally going from VC to external view, but I don't remember ever having a crash as a result. I suppose it's possible. I always expect an aileron or flap section to fall off. The bouncing I was getting was a slow "loping" of the aircraft as it was taxying, with dirt flying up off the wheels. This is what happens when you're taxying on grass, and is a known issue with FlyTampa's KSEA.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest tango papa

Someone, I don't remember the name, posted a "Tips & Tricks" for AFCAD. It should be in the "Extended What's New" One of the suggestions for fixing a rough runway, was to slide a taxiway under the runway. Just make the taxiway 10' wider than the runway, to get it centered. Don't know if it will solve your problem, but it might be worth trying. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest melevine

Paul.....yes....you have pretty much described what I see, i.e., the aircraft moving up and down for a few seconds. And...it does tend to occur when switching the views from inside to external. But..it also occurs if I'm looking at the external view of the aircraft, then use the hat switch to move the point of view around the craft. It also occurs without changing the view or the external view position, but just merely slewing it on the ground or using the pushback feature. It is VERY pronounced with the 747, as the large multiwheeled undercarriage goes bonkers. Until I turned off the "crash detection" setting, it was a sight watching that 747 bounce around to the point where it finally exceded its ability to stay balanced and then tipped over nose first and crashed hard into the ground. So...it is really not "fixed" as you say, but just tolerable in its present state (no resultant crash).

Guest melevine

Sure did..quite awhile ago. I followed the various instructions. Regardless, the problem persists, at least on my rig.Thanks for pointing it out, though, as others may benefit.R/Mike

Guest tango papa

I had that experience with a WACO biplane at Denver's Deer Valley, I had just stopped the push-back, and the WACO became a huge jumping bean. Wheels were several feet off the ground, and than started to do nose to tail hopping. But I'm not even using the add-ons mentioned above. Other planes don't have the problem.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain