Sign in to follow this  

nVIDEA 43.00 Driver

Guru 3d.com has posted this latest driver. Has anybody tried it? It's a massive download - over 23 mb.

Hopless black squares round everthing back to the 30.82,s bigj

Thanks for starting the post, Ranger_Dave... and thanks for the "Warning", BigJ! I did download the 4300 (but I don't know how to install them). It says unzip to an empty folder. I made a folder, called "Nvidia" (no quotation marks) in my C: root directory, but when I try to find the files (Advance... etc... Have disk, and point to that folder, it tells me it can't find a file... or to load "Disk 1" (?!) From where???!!!!!!!Anyway, the only reason I considered it was because of that lousy CFS3 told me that my default drivers (from CD on purchased video card) were not up to specs. I seem to have good luck with the 29.42... but they were not new enough for CFS3. I would like to try the 4300 or 4230, but for right now, I put the default 40.516 (product defaults) back in. They seem to work best for the majority of my sims.So... do you think that the 4300 will have that same effect (black squares) on all comps? I am using Win98/2nd.editon (Pent III @ 700MHz/256 RAM); Prophet II GTS/64mb.Any helpful advice on installing those 4300 would be appreciated, if you think that loading them is worth the effort.Thanks!Stanley

I only get those black blocks with antistopic setting at 8x. It's fine otherwise for my machine.Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ] K7S5A MB |[b]GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest SlimDady

The black blocks comeson mine when i check the texxture sharpening below antistopic filteringI can keep afa onn 8x no prob

OOPS apoligies turned off ansitropic no problems bigj

Thanks for the reply CRVM, BigJ & SlimDady...but how did you install the drivers? I did everything that I was supposed to do; however, when the files are loading, it stops at a certain file name, and ask me to insert the driver CD#1 (what Cd?!).This happened on the 42.30 as well. But with the 43.00... whenever I selected to show hardware, etc., my video card (Hercules Prophet II/GTS 64) was not even listed as available drivers for my model.I did un-install my old drivers, deleted the old NVidia Corporation key from Local users_software category in registry, etc; rebooted my machine, then installed the generic Standard Display Adapter (VGA) drivers (as instructed per Detonator 4300 install guide at web site).Where do I unzip the .ZIP cab files to? Do I need to create a folder and name it (something) ?.This is the 1st. driver that I have ever come across that was downloaded as a .ZIP, instead of a self-installing .exe file.Thanks in advance.

Guest ScottPilot

I'll stick with the 30.82's.No more driver games.Scott

Hi,Have not tried these drivers, but this is how to install (from experience with other zipped drivers)Unzip driver files to a newly created temp folder.Right click on the desktop - then properties. Go to the adaper tab then properties.Then choose to update driver from there, pointing the system to the temp file where you unzipped the driver files.Hope this helps.Andrew

Thanks ATingleWhenever I download Aircraft Add-ons, Links2001 Course add-ons, etc., they are downloaded to the WindowsTEMP folder; as a matter of fact, that is my "working" folder where I extract all files to; then, from there, I manually install to the corresponding directory(ies).> Unzip driver files to a newly created temp folder.> Right click on the desktop - then properties. Go to the adaper tab then properties.> Then choose to update driver from there, pointing the system to the > temp file where you unzipped the driver files.So... do I just extract the 42.30 (or 43.00) drivers to the WindowsTEMP folder and then point to it? If I extract to the TEMP folder, I cannot delete those 'nvl...' files, since the hardware needs to find them there - or what? Usually, I have no problems with .ZIP files, but this is a first.And the part about not finding my hardware in the list of 43.00 drivers (per Hercules Prophet II/GTS 64) how do I get around that? Do I pick the next closest thing (i.e., Prophet II / MX series)?Perhaps I should just shelf CFS3 for a while and keep my sanity?! lolI only hope that I will not run into such a problem with the next release of (non-combat) Flight Simulator.

Create a folder and unzip the drivers to that new folder. Install the drivers - restart you machine when prompted. After restart you can then safely delete this new folder with the unzipped drivers and windows will have "absorbed" them into its system folder.Hopefully this helpsSincere regards,Andrew

All the `missing` files are actually on your system already. They will be either in WindowsSystem, Windowshelp or even in the temporary folder you created to unzip the new drivers.The 43.00's are pretty good, but on my system with W98SE they have an unexpected and unwanted side-effect slowing down page loading on Internet Explorer 6.0.ChasW

I've always had a policy to not install ANY drivers that aren't officially released.These are beta drivers...Only betas I've ever run were on an old ATI card where the release version wouldn't work but the beta did (go figure).

Thank you ATingle... and Cward14.. I will try that! I appreciate yours and everybody else's input on this matter! Stanley (frustrated, has-been pilot)