Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianFletcher

Great FPS, but stuttering like crazy.

Guest BrianFletcher

I started having stuttering problems in FS9 a few weeks ago and no matter what I try the stutters will not go away. Here is a list of what I have done, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.1) I downloaded FS Autostart and set it up to shutdown all unnecessary programs and services.2) Re-installed FS9 but did not add any third party add-ons3) Bought a disk defrag utility and memory defrag tool4) Tried every fs9.cfg tweak that I could find5) I had two different computer techs check my system. Both said the problem did not stem from any of the components in my computer such as the processor, video card, or anything else.No matter what I do the stutters remain, though my frame rates are through the roof. I can lock the FPS at 60 and they will stay there, but I keep it locked at 30...have tried 20 and 25 as well. Why am I getting superb FPS and stutters? Even if I lower all of the sliders I still get the stutters. Please help me so that I don't have to burn my copy of FS9 and pi$$ on the ashes. Cap'n

Guest BrianFletcher

No he tenido una respuesta a mi poste, entonces pens

Brian, This an very old tweak, but you could give it a try if you haven't already.Reduce your sound card acceleration to BASIC and see if that solves your problem.Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio/Advanced/Performance.

John

Guest BrianFletcher

Thanks John. I adjusted the audio settings like you said, but nothing positive came of it. I'm up for trying anything else you've got.

Hello,in my case this ended up being a HD on its way out... I switched over to a SATA HD and it went away... mine was VERY bad though.. you could actually see it... the HD will be blinking and the game will go, and it would go off every other second, and when it did, the game would stop hence stuttering..

You say you've closed all "unnecessary" programs. Hopefully that includes your AV software, because they are a well-known source of stutters as many try to check every file before it's loaded into memory.Is the WinXP indexing service turned off?What is Texture Bandwidth Mult set to in FS9.cfg? What tweaks have you tried?No nos ha dado suficiente informaci

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest macman4

Yep,WinXP indexing was a major stutter for me, plus I always stop AVG, another cause for my stutters. Right now I run 30fps almost maxed out. The only problem I have is not being able to use AA on my graphics setting. (see my post). Good luck, hope one of the tips in these post work for ya. I know how ya feel. Bob

Guest Pike

Very easy fix for you:FS-GS.comYou can thank me later!

I ran services.msc but cannot find anything that says WinXP indexing servic?? What is the name I should look for? Or is it in the Windows task manager and if so what is the name of it? services.exe?

Eric 

Guest BrianFletcher

1) I replaced my Western Digital 120 GB hard drive with a 260 GB last week, re-installed everything, stutters still here. 2) I definitly have the Windows indexing servicing off. I have it set to turn off in FS Autostart. 3) What is AV or AVG software? I don't know if it is on or off.4) Right now my Texture Bandwith Multiplier is set at 40. I know that I experimented with this number before, but I don't know what I had it set to. Thanks for any more ideasGracias por m

Guest Pike

Once again, FS-GS.comThe guy can save you alot of time and frustration. There is more to this than simply turning off background programs.

Guest macman4

Brian, AVG is my virus protection. I shut it down just when I fly.B777ER, Start:Run:Type msconfig, hit ok:Click services on top menu: UNCHECK Indexing Service. hope it helps, Bob

I can thoroughly recommend FS-GS, amazing performance after the consultation, you would not think FS9 could look so good, and with high frame rates. Well worth trying.Bill

Bill

Guest Pike

Also worth noting that it is a free service if you are not happy with the results. You actually don't pay till afterwards, and even then by sending a money order. Anyway, you can either do that and be flying stutter free with maxed out graphics in about 4 hours or spend god knows how long trying out the many 'free' tweaks given out here.Sorry to keep ragging

Guest BrianFletcher

In that case, than yes I do have my anti-virus, firewall, and all other protective services shut down. I think I will go ahead and try that FS-GS because I love FS9, but find it virtually unuseable right now.