Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianFletcher

Great FPS, but stuttering like crazy.

Guest BrianFletcher

Yes, the stutters seem just as frequent and severe when I clear all weather. In fact, I can even reduce all of the scenery sliders and still get excessive stuttering. I can max everything out and get 40 fps and stutters, or I can lower everything and get 90 fps and stutters.S

I was stutter free until I downloaded the MyTraffic2006 demo. Now, with even the few aircraft included in the demo, I get frequent and severe stuttering.RH

One word: DEFRAG.I would consider FS-GS to be a serious waste of money, unless you seriously don't know anything about computers and are not willing to spend anytime getting to know your computer.All of the necessary information can be found at sites like Tweakguides (http://www.tweakguides.com). Download the System Guide, READ IT and I am sure that a lot of things will make more sense after that.If you want instant gratification, only to find your system back to the old grind after a few weeks again, go with some commercial tweaking.It's like choosing between DIY and hiring a contractor. If you do DIY and sport some curiosity, then you learn know how to fix it yourself. If you hire a contractor, that leaking pipe might get fixed, but you have no idea how it got fixed after all and will have to call them again when the pipe bursts.Pat

Pat ,I absolutely agree with you, the above mentioned service did not work for me.I eventually found the problem myself(overheating) and I have since spent countless hours reading and digesting posts on Avsim and I am now able to fix most problems myself or with the help of other members whose knowledge is second to none.regards Jim

Guest BrianFletcher

After running some diagnostics it appears that my video card and/or cpu might be overheating. I installed an Aerogate II cooling system, but the documentation doesn't tell me the maximum rpm that I should run the fans. Does anybody know how high I can crank them up? The max it will let me go is 4600 rpm. Can I keep the fans maxed out at 4600 or will that damage the fans or anything else? Thanks for any help.