Sign in to follow this  
Flakchak

Ultimate Terrain and FSGenesis

Hey all,I'm using both Ultimate Terrain and FSGenesis LandClass. The UT version is the one being downloaded off of Flight1, and the FSG version is the most recent off the FSG site.Now, the FSG Landclass has an installer. Went simple enough, and does indeed show in FS9. However, there is no FSG Scenery in the scenery library because this landclass is automatically installed in the BASE scenery folder.Ultimate Terrain is automatically installed as well. However, UT does appear in the scenery library.I ran the patch so UT and FSG can run together. But in the instructions, you're suppose to sandwich the FSG Landclass between the 2 UT scenery levels. Problem being, there is no FSG level to be sandwitched. So far, I don't beleive I'm having any problems. There are some streams that run over their banks, but that seems to be only issue.What else can or should I do?

The FSG landclass files are usually installed into C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryFSGLCOr perhaps I might have moved them there. Then they can be sandwiched as so.From my Scenery File: (Area.043)Title=Ultimate Terrain - Canada/AlaskaLocal=SCENERYUTCANADALayer=43Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=(Area.044)Title=Ultimate Terrain - USALocal=SCENERYUTUSALayer=44Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=(Area.045)Title=FSGLCLocal=SceneryFSGLCRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=45(Area.046)Title=UTCITYLocal=SceneryUTCITYRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=46Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

As Clarke indicates, you can create an FSG/UT landclass 'sandwich', which uses the UT landclass for city areas, and FSG for rual areas. If you go to the UT web site, there is a program released that helps create this 'sandwich' easily, but you still have to had create the directories Clarke refers to above.

Guest macman4

I was looking at my scenery cfg. I don't have a(Area.046)Title=UTCITYLocal=SceneryUTCITYRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=46Is that another program besides UT

Correct. Go to the UT web site, and it will explain how to create the folders necessary, and also run an included batch file program to make the final changes necessary.

I too have FSG and UT. Is it a big difference visually by using the FSG Landclass?Jack

UT_CITY is a folder created by you under {FS Root}/Scenery, to hold the specific UT urban (I think) files (I'm doing this at work). You then creat a second folder - FSGLC - to hold the FSG landclass files. This "sandwich patch" was created because many simmers prefer UT's city landclass files over FSG's, but they also prefer FSG's rural landclass over that of UT's. You can get this patch from both UT and FSG websites, with good directions as to how to install it.The problem a lot of folks have is understanding what others mean when they discuss "priority". If you look at the Scenery Library within "Settings" you will see "1" as the topmost number, with 60 or more below it. People will often quote "highest priority" or "lowest priority" without expansion of those terms - and then when you open up the scenery.cfg - it seems to bear no relation to the Settings numbers. Study at the link - and the three attachments - in my post above. If you use UTUSA with FSG mesh and their landclass - with the patch - and GE Pro on top of that - man! you have great VFR scenery with detail for miles!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest melevine

Hi again Paul...you've been posting on one of my initial posts (about the KSEA bouncing problem).As for this topic,I, too, was thinking of posting a question about UTCity.....but this person beat me to it. I have UTUSA, UTCanada/Alaska, Genesis 38m mesh (NOT Genesis Landclass), and Ground Environment Pro. Since I had just been sequencing my FS9 Library entries to optimize performance (and eliminate known bugs)I noticed that I also DIDN'T have UTCity...and wondered why not. You just explained why.....since I never created it. Question: I'm really pretty happy with the appearance of my ground scenery using the above addons (note: all scenery is now maxed since I recently added a very robust video card). What advantage would there be by using Genesis landclass, creating UTCity etc., as far as the visuals go (over what I have now)??? Isn't Ground Environment PRO actually a Landclass program?Mike

helloGE Pro contains no landclass only ground and sky texturesIf you choose to create the Ulitmate terrain/FSGenesis sandwich you will get the UT city/industrial landclass layered over the FSgenesis rural landclass.These landclasses will then call the relevent textures from GE Pro in order to display the correct visuals, fields/towns ect.