Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

GE Pro and GE Standard

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,I have GE Standard and is wondering if it is worthy upgrading to GE Pro. I don't want to spend another $20 just to see minor difference. Would like to hear those who has upgraded from GE Standard to GE Pro.Daniel

Absolutely worth it. There are a variety of options available with the Pro version...the best being actual weather integration with various color/'color intensity' texture sets (prior to starting FS) which you create...I'm at work right now, and have to get some done....but I'm sure if you go to their web site you will get all the differences listed for you.

Hi Daniel,I was using GE Standard and updated to GE Pro. I like the ability to change ground textures for lighter/brighter ones when it is sunny out and darker ones when overcast, they do make simming look more real. Then I discovered you could alter the night lighting with different color hues for the ground lighting... really neat, and allows you to match night textures with adjacent photoreal textures sets much better. I also use Active Sky (which I highly recommend) and the interface between the two allows for very easy and quick setup so the sky and ground textures match the weather for your flight. As with any FS advancement that you really like, I can't imagine going back to flying without it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest ThrottleUp

I've had a very odd experience with this add-on. First I got GE which worked perfectly and so when I found out I could get the Pro version at a discount and went for it.Unfortunately for me GEPro caused excessive tiling, it got so bad that the landscape started looking like a carpet with patterns on it. I resintalled the base FS9 textures after unzipping them off the CD and then applied GEP but still got the same result.So I had to uninstall it :( I wish I could make it work properly, I really wanna use it. However right now I have all the UTs & most of the BEVs whihc has made my FS9 real nice! ---------PS: If any GEP users had this problem and fixed it I would be eager to know how you did it!

Sounds like a problem that must have a solution as most everyone else does not have this issue.Have you tried the F1 forums at SimForums.com?