Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Post your support for FS9 here please?

Guest Blazer

Hello...Ive never considered purchasing FSX for some of the reasons you have stated. I just purchased AES for FS9 and will continue to purchase products that are FS9 compatible. Regards... TH

>Im waiting for FS11. Where i'll get new ATC voices, new>clouds, that have shadows, new ATC, new animation at the>lonely airports, ect...Reading the ACES blogs I got the impression that development on ATC stoped in FS-X and that the solution for FS-XI ATC would be via the online community. Without local standalone ATC it will be boring for me the incidental user that doesn't bother with the online thing.Lets hope they reconsider that.Clouds with shadows would be a great feature. I recently used an X-Plane version that had this. It makes an amazing difference.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest DreamFleet

I think that in time FSX will become the sim of choice, and most developers will eventually move over to it exclusively. When will that be? I have no idea! ;)Otherwise, both DreamFleet and our new venture, AXP, will continue to provide FS9 with new products. In fact, new products (such as our forthcoming Archer III and Airbus A320) will come out for FS9 first, and FSX some time later.I'll have to admit that this is a first for us doing this, so we're feeling our way with it, and taking it one day at a time.Regards, Lou Bettihttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/AXP/AXPforumbanner.jpg

Hi,Ofcourse I will support FS9 at least until we see what FS11 comes up with. Because it goes without saying, that FSX is as close a disaster as it can be. ;-)Why on earth should I jump over to a sim where most of my 100, well maybe 1000 of USD worth of addons, can not be used. And where I am lucky to get 10 fps with a default Cessna, without cutting most of the scenery.Concequently, FSX will have no meaning what so ever for me. :-lolIf however FS11 will have a completely new code, I will then make a decision if it is worth to convert to a completely different simulator,..as it has to be for me to reconsidder. ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest Pike

I can fly in either FSX or FS9, with my current hardware. for me, FSX is superior in nearly every way. What keeps me on FS9 is the many addons like FSpax that make the flight more interactive. When FSX gets those products, its over for FS9. FSX is very playable, and to a level that looks much better than anything FS9 can produce. This includes having GE pro, FE, Ulimate terrain, etc installed. You just have to know how to get it running.As for the guy calling FSX a game, if you are serious, then you are bit dimwitted sir. Flight dynamics in FSX are far superior to FS9. You can't just point the airplane in a direction and go. If you hit turbulence in FSX, you will actually know it. There are lots of examples, but suffice to say that as flight simulator FSX is now king. You may prefer FS9, and so do I but to repeatedly sing to the masses that FSX is just a game comes across as a someone who has probably never set foot in a real cockpit before.

Guest Pike

>Hello Dave>>I completely agree with you. The FS9 is the best. Easy to add>on, easy to reinstall, no headache for reactivation etc, etc.>Personally, I am not going to spend any more money for addons>after all I spent on the FS9 and hardware etc. As for the>FSX, for those are flying default aircraft, obviously they are>happy with it but personally I would hate to fly default>aircraft. Could be wrong, but I can't see any future for FSX,>even in 2 years time. >>MoThe same was said 4 years ago about FS9. Even moreso than now, with the similiarities between it and FS2002. What may surprise you is the many (not all) of the default FSX birds are far superior to some FS9 payware offerings. First to mind is the Feel There Caravan. The FSX model beats it hands down. The Goose is another standout. The 737 certainly doesn't have the complicated systems of the PMDG or Ariane versions, but compares very well with the POSKY model with the Sky Decks panel installed.Also for the record here is my system:FX-602 gigs PC3200 RAM7900 GTXWith that set up I rarely go under my locked FPS of 25. And even at 25 it is as smooth as my FS9 which is locked at 38. I use the FS Genesis mesh and Cloud 9 landclass. A guy at FS-GS.com is who I used to get this thing running correctly, as without him I was in the same boat as most folks who were profoundly upset at performance in FSX.I'm in this forum because I love FS9 and still fly it. But FSX has an incredibly bright future. I realized this the other day as I flew into a great looking default airport, flying an approach over an interstate with cars zipping by, pulled into the gate, had a baggage cart pull up, and then a fuel truck pull in, and off again to fly over incredible city textures. The city was Santa Monica. Never less than 25 FPS with sliders almost all to the right(weather obviously not, and some features are not needed all the way to the right to produce a better graphics environment than FS9+addons). Traffic at 20%, except for airplanes which is set at 50%. Plenty of life and things to look at!As for being a game---if you are referring to the missions, you simply haven't tried them apparently. The 737 flight where you lose an engine, have to decide between an airport with a short field that is close and one further away, only to lose the second engine 3 minutes later was brilliant. I seriously had to call upon my real world engine out experience to handle the bird gently to the runway. Those are the moments that tell me FSX's future is secure. With even better hardware just down the way, I can't imagine what our hobby will be like a couple years from now.Anyway sorry to drone on, but point is don't let your disappointment at not getting FSX to run on your current machine get you down or make you doubt the future of the franchise. One only need look into the past to see what the future likely holds.

Count me in for what it's worth. I've spent thousands of dollars on addons for FS9, and are still buying.

Rune B.

Guest Pike

>Count me in for what it's worth. I've spent thousands of>dollars on addons for FS9, and are still buying.lol, me too. Only now I'm buying for 'two' instead of one. The credit card companies are loving me right now.

I don't know what FSX is like 'cos I've never seen it. However, FS9, AS6.5 and my PMDG744/Maltby 1-11 and Trident run like a dream (at the moment, fingers crossed, etc) on my system. With the promise of that new Airliner XP Airbus for FS9 I can't see the point in changing for now, so, yes, if developers make good products for FS9 (a PMDG MD-11 for example), I'll buy them.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I have FSX on my HD --plan on removing it soon. I will be upgrading my PC so I can run FS 9 better NOT FSX. I have too much invested in add ons-- Active Sky, Ultimate Terrain, GE Pro, tons of great aircraft from PMDG, LDS, Eaglesoft, Dreamfleet, Feel There, etc; lots of fantastic gauges from Reality XP (Garmins, Sandels, JetLines, etc); gobs of Airports from Fly Tampa, Flight Scenery, Cloud 9, etc etcThe demise of FSX is very simple when one looks at what has happened since August 2003. The add on developers (AIRCRAFT, ENVIRONMENT, AND SCENERY) have become so good at what they do (improving Microsoft's platform) that we the consumers no longer need an improved platform !As long as new developers (such as Airliner XP) continue to increase the realism by providing the avid simmers what we want for FS9, why would we shelve these purchased addons (add up the $$ sometimes, you will be SHOCKED !) just so we can start the cycle again.I'm ready to spend the next 2 or 3 years enjoying my flight sim rather than concerned about having the newest and hottest product on the market.V J Carlo

WAT1460.png

To stick to the original topic, I can't imagine developing for Flight Simulator without SimConnect. It just seems archaic in comparison.So it looks like I'll be working on FSX exclusively.

Thanks Lou for your comments, I was hoping you and possibly others from PMDG, Level-D, Feelthere etc; would comment.Your words are greatly appreciated and there you are, I know there has only been some supporters but I hope that more will follow over the next few days to give you guys the support you all so richly deserve?Thanks also for all those who agree with me. I am not trying to knock FSX but merely assuring the above suppliers that we stand untited on this.Yes, maybe one day when hardware has caught up with FSX and at a price that MOST can afford, it may be as great as FS9 has risen too but, I fear that it will take longer than FS9 did. A lot longer.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I like FS9. I like FSX.Why not run both.. tune them for specific scenarios... for example.. I think default FSX is great for bush flying.Another thought.... about dual cores... assuming Aces aren't going to be able to improve the threading to make better use of it...( although train simulator offers some development hope! )- then what's to say that the likes of AXP and HiFi sim etc won't be able to make use of the "other" core for their processing needs? I read somewhere that AXP will run "outside the sim".If these addon developers can make use of the unused potential of multi cores then we aren't going to see the frame rate hit people are predicting. FSX using one core and addons using another? Just a thought.Paul

I'll chip in for FS9.While I'm still buying add-ons for FS9 at a constant rate - I just bought the Shockwave Spitfire MKI (Nice!) - it will be a long, long time before I buy any add-ons for FSX. I have no confidence that I will get decent performance in FSX with any add-ons.

Guest SJDickson

I prefer FSX to FS9 by quite a margin. The only thing that brings me back to FS9 are some of the add-ons I have installed.